SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote: Was your first interview live or skype?
Not the person you're quoting but mine was through Skype and I was asked to submit a LoR at the end of the interview.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:04 pm

Whether or not you get a second interview depends on who you interviewed with the first time. Don't panic if you don't get a followup.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Whether or not you get a second interview depends on who you interviewed with the first time. Don't panic if you don't get a followup.
Is a follow up not necessary to the panel interview? I thought everyone was talking about the latter. Have there been invitations to the interview where you're interviewing with three people prior to receiving an offer?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Whether or not you get a second interview depends on who you interviewed with the first time. Don't panic if you don't get a followup.
Is a follow up not necessary to the panel interview? I thought everyone was talking about the latter. Have there been invitations to the interview where you're interviewing with three people prior to receiving an offer?
I've never heard of this panel interview.... the follow-up interview is with a "higher-up" who you may have already interviewed with the first time around.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I've never heard of this panel interview.... the follow-up interview is with a "higher-up" who you may have already interviewed with the first time around.
Oh man, really? So you can be admitted off one interview? I thought there was a required in person interview with more than one person. IDK where I saw that. TY for this information. Really.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Not the person you're quoting but mine was through Skype and I was asked to submit a LoR at the end of the interview.
Also not the poster above but first interview was Skype, asked to submit LoR at end of Skype interview and also invited to follow-up via Skype.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Also not the poster above but first interview was Skype, asked to submit LoR at end of Skype interview and also invited to follow-up via Skype.
How long from your initial interview and LoR submission to follow up? I know it's not a big deal yet but I'm just a bit stressed that my LoR person may take about 2 weeks from my first interview to submit something.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
How long from your initial interview and LoR submission to follow up? I know it's not a big deal yet but I'm just a bit stressed that my LoR person may take about 2 weeks from my first interview to submit something.
I don't think my LoR has been submitted yet because my submitter is still working on it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I don't think my LoR has been submitted yet because my submitter is still working on it.
Well fuck

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:12 pm

Any follow-up interview advice?

Also hopefully I'm not giving too much away, but I'd like to provide people with some comfort. I submitted back in early September, didn't receive an initial interview request until January, interviewed in the beginning of January, never received a LoR request, and then, recently received a follow-up interview request (obviously more than a month later). If you haven't heard anything, I wouldn't start panicking yet.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:16 pm

subtle wrote:Any follow-up interview advice?

Also hopefully I'm not giving too much away, but I'd like to provide people with some comfort. I submitted back in early September, didn't receive an initial interview request until January, interviewed in the beginning of January, never received a LoR request, and then, recently received a follow-up interview request (obviously more than a month later). If you haven't heard anything, I wouldn't start panicking yet.
Have you put a seat deposit down yet? I interviewed in the winter and haven't heard anything back besides a recommendation request. I'm nervous that I haven't received a follow-up yet.

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
subtle wrote:Any follow-up interview advice?

Have you put a seat deposit down yet? I interviewed in the winter and haven't heard anything back besides a recommendation request. I'm nervous that I haven't received a follow-up yet.

Yes, but my case is a bit unique. PM me if you would like further details.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
LRGhost wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: Absolutely! Any time frame from first interview and LoR submission to second request?
Around a week and a half/maybe two from first interview to second request, LOR submission request came in invite to second request.
Was your first interview live or skype?
Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

J90

Bronze

Post by J90 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:32 pm

What kinds of things do they cover in the follow-up interview that they don't in the first? Anything we should be ready for?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:30 pm

J90 wrote:What kinds of things do they cover in the follow-up interview that they don't in the first? Anything we should be ready for?
How long after your first interview and letter of recommendation being sent in before they got back to you for the follow up?

Am I correct that at least one person here received a follow up interview before having a letter sent in?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
J90 wrote:What kinds of things do they cover in the follow-up interview that they don't in the first? Anything we should be ready for?
How long after your first interview and letter of recommendation being sent in before they got back to you for the follow up?

Am I correct that at least one person here received a follow up interview before having a letter sent in?

Chill out.

J90

Bronze

Post by J90 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Chill out.
Seconded. They've said multiple times that the follow-up interviews aren't a necessity, and they've only just started sending them out - prior to this week, nobody received a follow-up interview request. You may not receive one at all and it won't hurt you, since part of being invited for a follow-up interview hinges upon who you had for your initial interview (it's not the "next stage in the process," it's not purely based on your qualifications as an applicant, etc.).

That said, I had my interview a long time ago now, and have had my letter in for some time as well. But relax. They're a small, busy office and there's no reason for you to panic about this.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:26 pm

This. Any advice would be seriously welcome.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:08 pm

J90 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Chill out.
Seconded. They've said multiple times that the follow-up interviews aren't a necessity, and they've only just started sending them out - prior to this week, nobody received a follow-up interview request. You may not receive one at all and it won't hurt you, since part of being invited for a follow-up interview hinges upon who you had for your initial interview (it's not the "next stage in the process," it's not purely based on your qualifications as an applicant, etc.).

That said, I had my interview a long time ago now, and have had my letter in for some time as well. But relax. They're a small, busy office and there's no reason for you to panic about this.
You're right, my bad. It's still early in the process and ultimately it's all beyond my control. I normally don't behave this way (incessantly asking for the most minuscule details about update times, length from or number of updates or reviews until admittance) and I apologize.

That said, I hope some some T10 schools will admit me before the middle of April since that seems to be a big influence towards acceptance.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:02 am

I can't tell anyone at work this so I'll tell you guys.
Woke up at 9:07 because alarm didn't go off (supposed to be at work at 9:30) I throw clothes on, run out the door. Look at myself in mirror, look like shit, throw make up on. run out again, forgot jacket, go back for jacket. RUN to train station, outside train station, fall and twist ankle, hobble down four sets of stairs. In train, it's delayed because someone is sick. Get to work late. Then I realize.
I'M A GLORIFIED SECRETARY AND I HATE MY MINDNUMBING USELESS JOB.
Please SEO, please give me this internship, the thought that I MIGHT get it is the only thing keeping me from banging my head on my desk right now.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:30 am

Anonymous User wrote:I can't tell anyone at work this so I'll tell you guys.
Woke up at 9:07 because alarm didn't go off (supposed to be at work at 9:30) I throw clothes on, run out the door. Look at myself in mirror, look like shit, throw make up on. run out again, forgot jacket, go back for jacket. RUN to train station, outside train station, fall and twist ankle, hobble down four sets of stairs. In train, it's delayed because someone is sick. Get to work late. Then I realize.
I'M A GLORIFIED SECRETARY AND I HATE MY MINDNUMBING USELESS JOB.
Please SEO, please give me this internship, the thought that I MIGHT get it is the only thing keeping me from banging my head on my desk right now.
This times a million. Save me SEO! Lol

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

facile princeps

Bronze

Post by facile princeps » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:53 am

:lol:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:06 pm

I feel the same way. I am tired of my job and am hoping SEO can get me out of here.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I feel the same way. I am tired of my job and am hoping SEO can get me out of here.
Please :(

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I feel the same way. I am tired of my job and am hoping SEO can get me out of here.
Please :(
Same here. Just found out today that my boss got promoted and the Person In The World Who I Would Least Enjoy Working For will be taking on the mantle as my new boss at the end of April. If I don't get SEO I might work as a supermarket cashier until it's time to go to law school. :evil:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”