Military Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Roclandsfinest23

Re: Military Law

Postby Roclandsfinest23 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:10 pm

How is everyone checking to see if they were posted? Website or Facebook?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:59 pm

Roclandsfinest23 wrote:How is everyone checking to see if they were posted? Website or Facebook?

What is the Facebook page?

Roclandsfinest23

Postby Roclandsfinest23 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Roclandsfinest23 wrote:How is everyone checking to see if they were posted? Website or Facebook?

What is the Facebook page?

This is the one for Army:
Army Judge Advocate Recruiting Office (JARO)

thxrho

Postby thxrho » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:58 pm

Per the U.S. Army JAG Corps recruiting Twitter account (20 minutes ago):

"We hope to post results for our Active Duty, Reserve, and Internship selection boards late next week. Be sure to check back for updates!"

https://twitter.com/ArmyJAGRecruit/status/809452088874897408?lang=en

Roclandsfinest23

Postby Roclandsfinest23 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:44 pm

thxrho wrote:Per the U.S. Army JAG Corps recruiting Twitter account (20 minutes ago):

"We hope to post results for our Active Duty, Reserve, and Internship selection boards late next week. Be sure to check back for updates!"

https://twitter.com/ArmyJAGRecruit/status/809452088874897408?lang=en

Yeah they just posted the same thing on their Facebook. We'll probably hear from them Thursday or Friday of next week.

lurkingabout

Postby lurkingabout » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:15 pm

anyone hearing anything from AF JAG?

aussie828

Postby aussie828 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:17 pm

lurkingabout wrote:anyone hearing anything from AF JAG?

Nothing here. I've emailed and I left a voice mail on Wednesday. No response to either.

Roclandsfinest23

Postby Roclandsfinest23 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:51 pm

The wait is killing me...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:02 pm

I'm interested in applying for the Army Reserve JAG next year. How competitive is the selection process compared to the active duty selection?

TheSpanishMain

Postby TheSpanishMain » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:01 am

Anonymous User wrote:I'm interested in applying for the Army Reserve JAG next year. How competitive is the selection process compared to the active duty selection?

Can't really put a number on it but my sense is less competitive than the Active board but still not a gimme. A large part of it, at least the interview, is showing that you've done your research and understand the Army Reserve. Like, you actually have a sense of what you're committing to and what it's all about.

w7ldcard

Postby w7ldcard » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:09 pm

FYI AF calls are coming out today

thxrho

Postby thxrho » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:13 pm

w7ldcard wrote:FYI AF calls are coming out today

Did you get a call? Congrats!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:15 pm

Army calls also today. Lists will be posted tomorrow.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:29 pm

Got a call from Army JAG. Said list is going to be posted tomorrow.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:44 pm

Congrats on getting a call from the Army JAG! Do you think calls will be made for reserve applicants or just active-duty applicants who are selected? Thanks!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:44 pm

Congrats on getting a call from the Army JAG! Do you think calls will be made for reserve applicants or just active-duty applicants who are selected? Thanks!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:55 pm

Just got a call from AF JAG!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:55 pm

[Deleted; duplicate post]

usfvictor

Postby usfvictor » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:26 pm

w7ldcard wrote:FYI AF calls are coming out today

You get the call? If so, Congrats. I know we were both waiting in Oct board.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:07 pm

If we didn't get the call for army jag at this point, does that mean we weren't professionally recommended for active duty?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If we didn't get the call for army jag at this point, does that mean we weren't professionally recommended for active duty?

Good question. I hope the answer is "no" (I'm still waiting on a call myself), and I'll note three things while I'm here:

1. Army doesn't traditionally call; at least that's what my read of this forum shows.
2. There's only been one non-Anon post about calls, and it was generic ("FYI AF calls coming out today") - no one using their own name has confirmed any call.
3. Even if Army is calling, and they are calling today, there were 179 folks on last years' AD primary selection list (i.e. in addition to alternates) and it may take JARO staff some time to make all of the calls.

stopthepuck22

Postby stopthepuck22 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:If we didn't get the call for army jag at this point, does that mean we weren't professionally recommended for active duty?

Good question. I hope the answer is "no" (I'm still waiting on a call myself), and I'll note three things while I'm here:

1. Army doesn't traditionally call; at least that's what my read of this forum shows.
2. There's only been one non-Anon post about calls, and it was generic ("FYI AF calls coming out today") - no one using their own name has confirmed any call.
3. Even if Army is calling, and they are calling today, there were 179 folks on last years' AD primary selection list (i.e. in addition to alternates) and it may take JARO staff some time to make all of the calls.

I'm also suspicious that any calls for Army have gone out - I have been told in the past that no one outside of the board sees the list before it is published. Also, If it helps, the year I got selected I did not receive a call - further the Army is on holiday schedule this week, so if calls actually are going out, it is hit and miss which recruiters are actually in the office to make the calls.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Call came from my FSO, not JARO.

usfvictor

Postby usfvictor » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:41 pm

stopthepuck22 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I'm also suspicious that any calls for Army have gone out - I have been told in the past that no one outside of the board sees the list before it is published. Also, If it helps, the year I got selected I did not receive a call - further the Army is on holiday schedule this week, so if calls actually are going out, it is hit and miss which recruiters are actually in the office to make the calls.

hhhmmmm well has anyone else gotten an AF or Army call today that isn't anon?

CharlieAvocado

Postby CharlieAvocado » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:45 pm

usfvictor wrote:
stopthepuck22 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

hhhmmmm well has anyone else gotten an AF or Army call today that isn't anon?

A good classmate and friend of mine got a call today from Army, primary, and I know that probably doesn't help your impressive amount of suspicion any. But it is true.

Return to “Legal Employment”