Military Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
lurkingabout

Re: Military Law

Postby lurkingabout » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:14 pm

Just curious, did anyone out there get notified yet that they were not selected for the October AF JAG board?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:18 pm

I am following to see if anyone has an answer to this question. I received neither a phone call nor an email.

maxpayne

Postby maxpayne » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:51 pm

Well, here I am again - applied for the December Air Force DAP Board. This will be my 7th time to apply.

usfvictor

Postby usfvictor » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:16 am

lurkingabout wrote:Just curious, did anyone out there get notified yet that they were not selected for the October AF JAG board?

Personally, I haven't gotten either. But i think they wait a few days after releasing the results to make sure ASJs have a chance to make calls. Although since I haven't gotten a call, my thought is ding for me.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:38 am

I just got the rejection ton email. Who do we email to get feedback on the application?

usfvictor

Postby usfvictor » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:I just got the rejection ton email. Who do we email to get feedback on the application?

the gmail email address given on the email.

Postby 71723 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:49 am

maxpayne wrote:Well, here I am again - applied for the December Air Force DAP Board. This will be my 7th time to apply.

At least we can both take solace in the fact that we're not alone. December DAP board will be #8 for me.

maxpayne

Postby maxpayne » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:52 pm

71723 wrote:
maxpayne wrote:Well, here I am again - applied for the December Air Force DAP Board. This will be my 7th time to apply.

At least we can both take solace in the fact that we're not alone. December DAP board will be #8 for me.

71723 - It looks like you and me have been at it since early 2013. Haha! I went dark after being dinged yet again on the December 2014 DAP Board due to frustration and to a law firm change (had to take another bar exam in a different state for my new firm). Nothing has changed since my last application, except I added two more years of private practice experience. Doubt that will tip me over the edge into the accepted pool though. Good luck brother!

bsktbll28082

Postby bsktbll28082 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:24 am

Bowing out of Army JAG. Heading to a government job- it's a better fit. Good luck to all!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:13 am

I know medical waivers have been discussed before, but it's been a while.

Has anybody gone through the medical waiver process recently for the Army? Specifically for myopia issues? Successful/not successful? Timeline? Steps through the process?

TheSpanishMain

Postby TheSpanishMain » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:I know medical waivers have been discussed before, but it's been a while.

Has anybody gone through the medical waiver process recently for the Army? Specifically for myopia issues? Successful/not successful? Timeline? Steps through the process?

Not for myopia, but I had to go through a waiver process with the Army years ago. When I did my initial hearing test, the results said I was deaf. (My hearing is fine, the tech didn't know how to use the "sit in a booth and press a button when you hear a beep" machine). I requested a retest, and then passed the retest. Not sure how helpful that is, but...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I know medical waivers have been discussed before, but it's been a while.

I successfully went through the medical waiver process. Not for myopia but for a hearing issue - unlike the poster above, mine was real (partially deaf in one ear). It was fairly straight-forward, you have to reach out to your contact person and they will give you the instructions. I think something that helped in my case was that I submitted a few letters of recommendation: from my doctor (saying that it's actually not as bad as it looks on paper and that I can function perfectly fine); from a personal trainer at my gym (saying that he trained with me for X number of weeks and I have no difficulty doing PT); and from my former boss (saying that my work was not affected by my condition). I think myopia is fairly common for JAGs? Several people in my class had glasses/contacts.

CharlieAvocado

Postby CharlieAvocado » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:53 pm

Going through it right now with Navy, should have an actual answer within a few weeks. PM me and I'll fill you in with more once I get an answer.

wg6524

Postby wg6524 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:47 am

Anyone have an idea on when we should start hearing about the Army board? Active and Reserve are what i'm trying to track. Looking at JARO and JAGCNet, it looks like they might post info around Christmas. Didn't know if anyone had an inside track on if the board had met or what the actual timeline looks like this year.

pzpzhops2

Postby pzpzhops2 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:47 pm

wg6524 wrote:Anyone have an idea on when we should start hearing about the Army board? Active and Reserve are what i'm trying to track. Looking at JARO and JAGCNet, it looks like they might post info around Christmas. Didn't know if anyone had an inside track on if the board had met or what the actual timeline looks like this year.

If I remember correctly, last year the list was released online mid-December. I want to say it was the 18th of December.

Subwoofer

Postby Subwoofer » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:59 pm

Are there any Army JAG selectees slated for the 202nd or 203rd that are currently going through the medical waiver process? I am slated for the 202nd and have been waiting three months for a decision, and am concerned about running out of time to make that class.

thxrho

Postby thxrho » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:58 pm

wg6524 wrote:Anyone have an idea on when we should start hearing about the Army board? Active and Reserve are what i'm trying to track. Looking at JARO and JAGCNet, it looks like they might post info around Christmas. Didn't know if anyone had an inside track on if the board had met or what the actual timeline looks like this year.

No inside track here. I looked back at the announcements from 2013 and 2015 and they both came out the Friday before Christmas.

Just checked my application and it still says "under completeness review." I haven't heard anything from my FSO - should I reach out?

stopthepuck22

Postby stopthepuck22 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:30 am

thxrho wrote:

No inside track here. I looked back at the announcements from 2013 and 2015 and they both came out the Friday before Christmas.

Just checked my application and it still says "under completeness review." I haven't heard anything from my FSO - should I reach out?

I reached out to JARO last week - I had this issue the last time I applied as well. They stated that it won't change to "pending board decision" until late November / early DEC.

thxrho

Postby thxrho » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:58 am

stopthepuck22 wrote:
thxrho wrote:

I reached out to JARO last week - I had this issue the last time I applied as well. They stated that it won't change to "pending board decision" until late November / early DEC.

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:11 pm

thxrho wrote:
stopthepuck22 wrote:
thxrho wrote:

Thanks!

My reserve application status was changed to Pending Board Decision today when I checked.

TheSpanishMain

Postby TheSpanishMain » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:26 pm

It looks like the reserve results are usually posted in January, and the active results are posted in mid-December.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:44 pm

I applied for both active/reserve. My status has changed to board decision pending

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:47 pm

Subwoofer wrote:Are there any Army JAG selectees slated for the 202nd or 203rd that are currently going through the medical waiver process? I am slated for the 202nd and have been waiting three months for a decision, and am concerned about running out of time to make that class.

I am in the same boat. Check your PMs.

Maples24

Postby Maples24 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:40 pm

I am going through the waiver process with the Army for myopia. No final word yet. PM me and I'll fill you in.

thxrho

Postby thxrho » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
My reserve application status was changed to Pending Board Decision today when I checked.

Thanks Anon. I just checked again - now I'm "Pending Board Decision" also (active duty application).

Return to “Legal Employment”