Military Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
hennenr
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby hennenr » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:34 pm

I feel like someone would have received a phone call and posted on here about it. At least that is what I keep telling myself.

cubbies44
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:09 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby cubbies44 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:49 pm

I know, same here. I keep telling myself it's like 99% that I didn't get in but I still keep looking at my phone. By now, it's too late in day I would think so I guess I will keep my hopes up a little until Monday.

cubbies44
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:09 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby cubbies44 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:51 pm

So are we leaning towards everyone by mail or accepted by phone call now?

hennenr
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby hennenr » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:19 pm

Accepted is a phone call. No call no acceptance.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:54 pm

hennenr wrote:Accepted is a phone call. No call no acceptance.


I assume that means you called the office to get that verified? Your most recent posts indicate that you were equally unsure earlier yesterday.

hennenr
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby hennenr » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:34 pm

I am 0% sure about how they do acceptances.

cubbies44
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:09 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby cubbies44 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:11 pm

I'm still thinking someone should have been called by now and I can't find anyone who has. Doesn't mean they haven't though.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:20 pm

X
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon May 02, 2016 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon May 02, 2016 11:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
hennenr wrote:Accepted is a phone call. No call no acceptance.


I assume that means you called the office to get that verified? Your most recent posts indicate that you were equally unsure earlier yesterday.


Not to like rain on our parade anymore but I was accepted as an alternate for the Navy student program this time around and we all received a phone call and email of acceptance before they posted on Facebook the decisions had been made.
The branches seem to be doing things way differently though so who knows. This uncertainty is awful.


The Air Force JAG Facebook page states that "All applicants will be notified via mail for this DAP board". This was posted on 5/2/16 at 10 a.m.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon May 02, 2016 12:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
hennenr wrote:Accepted is a phone call. No call no acceptance.


I assume that means you called the office to get that verified? Your most recent posts indicate that you were equally unsure earlier yesterday.


Not to like rain on our parade anymore but I was accepted as an alternate for the Navy student program this time around and we all received a phone call and email of acceptance before they posted on Facebook the decisions had been made.
The branches seem to be doing things way differently though so who knows. This uncertainty is awful.


The Air Force JAG Facebook page states that "All applicants will be notified via mail for this DAP board". This was posted on 5/2/16 at 10 a.m.


We covered that earlier in post. I was told by my interviewer that if I were accepted, I would be called by him which is why we are questioning as to whether or not we should receive phone call.

hennenr
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby hennenr » Mon May 02, 2016 2:57 pm

I just spoke with the 1-800-JAG-USAF phone number was told that if you were accepted you will receive a phone call and if you are rejected you will receive a letter.

lawschoolcando
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:29 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby lawschoolcando » Mon May 02, 2016 3:24 pm

I'm not completely sure that the person on the hotline is sure about what is happening during this specific process. Initially she stated that we would not hear back until the middle of May at the earliest and we were notified last week that they would send out the notifications. Now the Facebook page says EVERYONE will get notified via the mail (the office I interviewed says this is the most reliable source obviously second to the SJA) and now she says that nothing has changed and those accepted should expect a call.

hennenr
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby hennenr » Mon May 02, 2016 3:35 pm

Facebook page says, "April 2016 DAP Board update: All applicants will be notified of their results within two weeks."

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon May 02, 2016 3:46 pm

hennenr wrote:Facebook page says, "April 2016 DAP Board update: All applicants will be notified of their results within two weeks."


I just can't imagine that the people who were accepted wouldn't receive a phone call. It doesn't make any sense that everyone would be notified by mail.

cubbies44
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:09 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby cubbies44 » Mon May 02, 2016 4:00 pm

When you guys called, did anyone ask about the numbers? Like how many accepted this time around

lawschoolcando
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:29 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby lawschoolcando » Mon May 02, 2016 4:01 pm

If you look in the comments, the administrator for the webpage stated, "All applicants will be notified via mail for this DAP board." It doesn't seem like it could be more unambiguous than that. I didn't find out about the numbers when I called.

hennenr
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby hennenr » Mon May 02, 2016 4:19 pm

I just think it is very strange that not one person has posted on here about getting an acceptance call from the Air Force.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon May 02, 2016 4:22 pm

hennenr wrote:I just think it is very strange that not one person has posted on here about getting an acceptance call from the Air Force.


Agreed. I think it's really strange. Also, think it's strange if they don't call the accepted people.

cubbies44
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:09 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby cubbies44 » Mon May 02, 2016 4:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
hennenr wrote:I just think it is very strange that not one person has posted on here about getting an acceptance call from the Air Force.


Agreed. I think it's really strange. Also, think it's strange if they don't call the accepted people.


Well they stopped doing email because they were having problems but I think they are having more problems this time around because no one knows what is going on.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon May 02, 2016 8:13 pm

Previous April boards have netted no acceptances; it could have happened again this time around, that is why everyone is getting notice through the mail and no phone calls.

cubbies44
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:09 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby cubbies44 » Mon May 02, 2016 8:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Previous April boards have netted no acceptances; it could have happened again this time around, that is why everyone is getting notice through the mail and no phone calls.


Where'd you read that at? I saw where in 2011, the board was cancelled but I have never read that they have ever not selected anyone. They did select a larger amount of people this past board but I was told to expect approximately 20 people this time around.

User avatar
Patrick Bateman
Posts: 595
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:41 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby Patrick Bateman » Mon May 02, 2016 8:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Previous April boards have netted no acceptances; it could have happened again this time around, that is why everyone is getting notice through the mail and no phone calls.


You all need to stop getting so spun up and speculating. Reading these recent posts is tantamount to the blind leading the blind. I understand that the communication coming JAX leaves something to be improved but debating conjecture is not going to help.

The one board that got cancelled several years ago was an exceptional circumstance. That is the first time I am aware of that happening since I have been in (2008). I am aware of a handful of folks that were accepted from this board. I can't comment how they were notified and I have no idea if JAX is actually shifting away from the traditional "phone call for selects" method - that puts notification in the hands of dozens of different SJAs and can lead to problems when they are busy, TDY, etc. It may be that JAX is attempting to centralize the process. And maybe they are not. I assure you, if you have been accepted, you will know it in the near future.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon May 02, 2016 9:35 pm

If the uncertainty is too much, it may be better to seek a career elsewhere. The only thing that is constant in the military is change. Sure, the thought of the notification process changing may seem silly to some, but speculating until you drive yourselves insane is silly as well. Hold tight. What is meant to happen will. If you're not selected, have solace in the fact that when you do get accepted, you are truly amongst the best.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue May 03, 2016 4:17 pm

I guess you can say we are all just a little excited. Can you blame us really though? Haha it's kind of a huge deal

Anonymous User
Posts: 273348
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue May 03, 2016 6:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I guess you can say we are all just a little excited. Can you blame us really though? Haha it's kind of a huge deal


Yea, this kind of determines the direction of our entire career. 19 years of schooling. We have been working towards it for awhile. I would think it would be pretty understandable to be excited.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.