Military Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
harp2458

Re: Military Law

Postby harp2458 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:37 pm

Yes, I received an email.

fhqwhgads

Postby fhqwhgads » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:49 pm

harp2458 wrote:Yes, I received an email.

Just received it myself. Can confirm rejection letters are going out now. Good luck to those who have yet to hear, and congratulations to those who were selected.

harp2458

Postby harp2458 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:36 pm

Are you going to reapply?

bouakedojo

Postby bouakedojo » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:32 pm

I can confirm that my SJA and I called 2 people today. I believe the notifications were emailed to us around noonish EST.

orangeblossom

Postby orangeblossom » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:48 pm

Accepted for DA.

My SJA called around noon.

aussie828

Postby aussie828 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:13 pm

So, did all of the emails go out today, and just the phone calls remain for next week? Or have barely any emails gone out as well?

For those who have been notified in either direction or @bouakedojo, can you tell if notices are going out alphabetically or in any discernable order?

Backload

Postby Backload » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:57 pm

aussie828 wrote:So, did all of the emails go out today, and just the phone calls remain for next week? Or have barely any emails gone out as well?

For those who have been notified in either direction or @bouakedojo, can you tell if notices are going out alphabetically or in any discernable order?

Yes, what does it mean if we received neither???

orangeblossom

Postby orangeblossom » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:27 pm

Backload wrote:
aussie828 wrote:So, did all of the emails go out today, and just the phone calls remain for next week? Or have barely any emails gone out as well?

Yes, what does it mean if we received neither???

I would check your spam folder first but otherwise call your SJA on Monday. Maybe he or she was out of the office today.

bouakedojo

Postby bouakedojo » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:45 pm

I can only tell you about my base. I don't think there is any discernible order. Sometimes, if the SJA is out of the office, the notification to the selectee is delayed because the SJA is the one to call.

bsktbll28082

Postby bsktbll28082 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:04 am

Army JAG application was due yesterday. And now, we wait.

I asked JARO and they said we'd hear: before New Year's if everything goes as planned or after New Year's if they cannot get in to see TJAG. Here's hoping the Army is super efficient during the holidays.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:35 pm

bsktbll28082 wrote:Army JAG application was due yesterday. And now, we wait.

I asked JARO and they said we'd hear: before New Year's if everything goes as planned or after New Year's if they cannot get in to see TJAG. Here's hoping the Army is super efficient during the holidays.

My FSO told me that they're taking close to 300 new JAGs this year, so I'm hopeful that there will be two boards if I get a non select.

bsktbll28082

Postby bsktbll28082 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:01 am

Anonymous User wrote:My FSO told me that they're taking close to 300 new JAGs this year, so I'm hopeful that there will be two boards if I get a non select.

That's like twice the normal, isn't it? I feel better. :roll:

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:11 am

I just got my acceptance phone call for the Air Force yesterday, so if you haven't heard yet I would say that is good news.

Nic2014LAW

Postby Nic2014LAW » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:57 pm

For those who received the acceptance call, were you told when we'd receive additional information? I was told to be on the lookout for an email detailing the medical qualification process--just wondering if anyone perhaps knows when we might expect to get that email?

orangeblossom

Postby orangeblossom » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:25 pm

Nic2014LAW wrote:For those who received the acceptance call, were you told when we'd receive additional information? I was told to be on the lookout for an email detailing the medical qualification process--just wondering if anyone perhaps knows when we might expect to get that email?

I thought we were getting paper packets in the mail but I might be mistaken because I was too busy dancing around my living room during that part of the conversation. My SJA did say that I should check back in with him if I did not receive the packet in the next few weeks.

Nic2014LAW

Postby Nic2014LAW » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:42 pm

orangeblossom wrote:
Nic2014LAW wrote:For those who received the acceptance call, were you told when we'd receive additional information? I was told to be on the lookout for an email detailing the medical qualification process--just wondering if anyone perhaps knows when we might expect to get that email?

I thought we were getting paper packets in the mail but I might be mistaken because I was too busy dancing around my living room during that part of the conversation. My SJA did say that I should check back in with him if I did not receive the packet in the next few weeks.

Weeks? I thought my SJA said to contact him if I did not receive the info within the next few days. Maybe I was also too busy doing my happy dance to pay much attention to anything following the "congratulations, you've been accepted" portion of the conversation haha! I just don't want to somehow miss the information! I'll continue to keep my eye out--both mail and email. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:58 pm

Still no call or email from AF -- could they have lost my application?! (I know it went through on my end and my account "locked" the way that the online system does when you're being considered -- it's reopened for a new application since Friday, but I don't know if that means anything.) I have a message in to the SJA who interviewed me (he was in a meeting when I called yesterday), but no word yet. Anyone else still waiting...?

orangeblossom

Postby orangeblossom » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:14 pm

Nic2014LAW wrote:
orangeblossom wrote:

Weeks? I thought my SJA said to contact him if I did not receive the info within the next few days. Maybe I was also too busy doing my happy dance to pay much attention to anything following the "congratulations, you've been accepted" portion of the conversation haha! I just don't want to somehow miss the information! I'll continue to keep my eye out--both mail and email. Thanks!

It's definitely email. I just got mine.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:31 pm

(Same anonymous as the post before this one.) The SJA told me he would call JAX to figure out the status. I am worried that I both didn't get a no-go email AND the SJA doesn't have a notification from JAX. REALLY hope this will work out positively!

SRyder105

Postby SRyder105 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:42 pm

Anyone applying for the AF December boards?

Also, any idea on how long the wait will be for Army? The waiting period really is tough...

MarkfromWI

Postby MarkfromWI » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:53 pm

SRyder105 wrote:Anyone applying for the AF December boards?

Also, any idea on how long the wait will be for Army? The waiting period really is tough...

IIRC, last year the Army 2L internship results were the first to be released and they came out approximately Dec. 17th. The AD board results didn't come back until about a week after the new year.

If you comb through this monstrous topic, it has had a ton of activity on the Army AD results day for the last 3 or 4 years. Skip back about 50 pages at a time and you should be able to see the exact date the results have been released. Again, my memory is a little fuzzy because I haven't done that for myself in quite a while, but I'm pretty sure each of the last few years has been after Jan 1.

Maybe this year we'll get lucky and have something come out before the holidays, but I'm not holding my breath. I'd rather set my expectations for the middle of January and be pleasantly surprised if they came out early than drive myself bonkers hoping for them every day from Dec. 15th on.

bsktbll28082

Postby bsktbll28082 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:12 pm

bsktbll28082 wrote:I asked JARO and they said we'd hear: before New Year's if everything goes as planned or after New Year's if they cannot get in to see TJAG. Here's hoping the Army is super efficient during the holidays.

travellingboarder

Postby travellingboarder » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:00 pm

Here are the Army AD board results dates:

December 24, 2014
December 20, 2013
December 20, 2012
January 9, 2012
January 7, 2011
January 8, 2010
January 5, 2009

SRyder105

Postby SRyder105 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:42 am

For those that are accepted to either AF or Army, how soon does training start? I've noted the officer training begins within a couple weeks of when results get posted, and then again several months later (5-6). Would we have to ship off to training within days or plan our lives for several months?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:33 pm

Return to “Legal Employment”