Military Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
JEB

Re: Military Law

Postby JEB » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:46 pm

I'm a GLP applicant and haven't heard anything yet. I remember reading somewhere that even though the deadline is February 1, the board convenes "sometime in February," and it's not always early February. The fact that results from the October DAP board didn't go out until November 22 but the December board's results went out January 2 seems to support that.

Also, the past three years, if we're trying to detect a pattern, the calls have gone out the last Friday of February.

But I'll echo BigJH and Joman's comment. Please post if anyone hears anything.

DannyBoy31

Postby DannyBoy31 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:48 pm

Did anybody who recently used the Air Force's new online application system have problems uploading documents? My transcripts and prior service performance reports are above the 3MB maximum size, so I'm not sure how to attach them.

maxpayne

Postby maxpayne » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:28 pm

I had the same problem. I scanned my transcript and tried to upload it as a PDF. But, it was too large. So, I just opened up my transcript in a PDF viewer (Adobe), went to print options, and selected print as PDF. Then, just saved the transcript as a PDF. So, it's essentially PDFing the PDF. Same image, but it doesn't have the size as the original scan.

DannyBoy31

Postby DannyBoy31 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:49 pm

Thanks!

maxpayne

Postby maxpayne » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:25 pm

I just had my interview this week. My interviewing SJA showed me what they see on their end of the online application once submitted. It's pretty cool. All our information is condensed into one scrolling page. At the very top left of the page is your picture and on the right is your law school gpa, undergrad gpa, and LSAT score. Under each one of those categories is a scale that shows where your GPAs and LSAT rank among all the other applicants for the April Board. After that, all your other info and documents are listed is an easy to read format. Then, the SJA just types his stuff up and adds it to your application. Boom. Your app is complete and automatically accessible by the selection board. Overall, I think they did a great job on the new online app.

howell

Postby howell » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:33 pm

BigJH18 wrote:Based on the posts from the previous 2 years, today is the day the results of the February board for the GLP and OYCP are released. Can any current JAGs confirm if the results have been released? Also to fellow OYCP applicants, please post if you hear something to help everyone out with knowing if they are indeed released

Perhaps one of the other AF members can confirm, but it looks like the results were posted earlier in February. However, I would have expected anyone not selected to have receive notice by now.

BigJH18

Postby BigJH18 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:25 am

howell wrote:
BigJH18 wrote:Based on the posts from the previous 2 years, today is the day the results of the February board for the GLP and OYCP are released. Can any current JAGs confirm if the results have been released? Also to fellow OYCP applicants, please post if you hear something to help everyone out with knowing if they are indeed released

Perhaps one of the other AF members can confirm, but it looks like the results were posted earlier in February. However, I would have expected anyone not selected to have receive notice by now.

What are you basing this on?

Patrick Bateman

Postby Patrick Bateman » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:41 am

BigJH18 wrote:
howell wrote:

What are you basing this on?

I am not sure when they were posted, but the results are in fact posted.

In anticipation of the questions that come every time: the list is not publicly accessible and I will not look at the list and tell you if you made it.

Puttanesca

Postby Puttanesca » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:53 pm

DannyBoy31 wrote:Did anybody who recently used the Air Force's new online application system have problems uploading documents? My transcripts and prior service performance reports are above the 3MB maximum size, so I'm not sure how to attach them.

Besides printing as a pdf, I would also suggest going to smallpdf.com It's a website that will compress your pdf files for free. Worked wonders for me.

Megatron15

Postby Megatron15 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:28 pm

AF OYCP applicant. Still no word on whether or not I was selected. Anyone else receive news one way or the other?? The suspense is killing me….

UFlaw15

Postby UFlaw15 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:37 pm

AF OYCP applicant as well. Still have not heard anything or received a letter. But Patrick Bateman said the results posted a while back and usually the SJA calls you if you are selected.

joman8390

Postby joman8390 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:51 pm

UFlaw15 wrote:AF OYCP applicant as well. Still have not heard anything or received a letter. But Patrick Bateman said the results posted a while back and usually the SJA calls you if you are selected.

GLP here. I'm thinking we're out of luck unfortunately, unless they had the SJAs wait until March since that is when they said they would get back to us on the application, but I think that's doubtful

BigJH18

Postby BigJH18 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:47 pm

I have not received anything either. I am assuming at this point it is a No, please post if/when you receive a letter

UFlaw15

Postby UFlaw15 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:02 pm

I know it's early but seeing as no one posted about being accepted or denied by the AF Feb Board, can people who applied to the Navy Feb Board post when you hear or see your status change? Thanks!

Agent31

Postby Agent31 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:44 pm

GLP applicant here. My SJA interviewer called me last Thursday to inform me I was accepted. Hope that helps.

UFlaw15

Postby UFlaw15 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:07 pm

Thank you Agent31

Agent31

Postby Agent31 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:13 pm

You're welcome.

SailorJerry

Postby SailorJerry » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:10 pm

Anyone applied for the Navy FY-14 JAGC IPP or LEP? I applied for the JAGC IPP and wondering if anyone has heard about when the results are going to come out. The LEP and JAGC IPP results should be coming out at the same time.

Yanky91

Postby Yanky91 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:49 pm

Anyone here currently in the Navy JAG?

aike

Postby aike » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:56 pm

Has anyone had any issues with the online application for the AF JAG? I took the Massachusetts bar exam last week and I'm trying to upload the application, but when I input "Awaiting results" on the bar exam page for the MA bar it says that I failed it instead. This only appears when I review the application on the second to last page of the online application - on the bar exam page itself it looks fine. Anyone have any similar problems or any solutions? I've been trying to get to the 1-800-JAG-USAG contact for the past two days but with no success. I'm thinking I might just take it off because I'm already licensed in TX and I have the MA bar mentioned on my resume.

brownshoe

Postby brownshoe » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:14 pm

Yanky91 wrote:Anyone here currently in the Navy JAG?

Yep, let me know if you have any specific questions.

Yanky91

Postby Yanky91 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:33 pm

brownshoe wrote:
Yanky91 wrote:Anyone here currently in the Navy JAG?

Yep, let me know if you have any specific questions.

I'll PM you.

carsoncity

Postby carsoncity » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:03 pm

Prior military checking in. Would a mediocre evaluation (not bad but not outstanding) report doom my chances at JAG? I imagine they are required documentation for all veteran applicants.

Patrick Bateman

Postby Patrick Bateman » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:32 pm

This impacts all of you that might be counting on PSLF to manage your loans if you end up JAG or another form of public service:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... t/wkqnqBCH

It only takes a minute to register.

maxpayne

Postby maxpayne » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:08 am

Just signed. I really hope that proposal doesn't pass.

Return to “Legal Employment”