Military Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
travellingboarder
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:58 am

Re: Military Law

Postby travellingboarder » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:49 pm

By the way…is anyone else's deadline still set at 12/13/2013?

armyhooah
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:40 am

Re: Military Law

Postby armyhooah » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:16 pm

travellingboarder wrote:By the way…is anyone else's deadline still set at 12/13/2013?


Mine as well!

sarahbobara
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:36 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby sarahbobara » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:20 pm

No, mine says 11/1/2013....

weird.......

travellingboarder
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:58 am

Re: Military Law

Postby travellingboarder » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:19 am

It might be by location…who knows

armyice1906
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby armyice1906 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:38 pm

Mine also says 12/13. I talked to my FSO and she said that they will get the list before we do and they generally call. I think we will find out by next Friday possibly.

User avatar
maxpayne
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby maxpayne » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:19 pm

armyice1906 wrote:Mine also says 12/13. I talked to my FSO and she said that they will get the list before we do and they generally call. I think we will find out by next Friday possibly.


Wow. That would be awesome.

NHESQ
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:56 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby NHESQ » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:00 pm

I have spent a long time lurking on this board for information and it has been a great resource. Like many on here I am currently waiting on the Army application and I have a quick question. I had a great FSO interview and I emailed a few times about a question or two through the application process, however, from reading the board it appears that people have forged very good relationships with FSOs. Am I at a disadvantage for not having formed more of a relationship or will I receive the same consideration as everyone else?

Just getting paranoid as the weeks go by.

NAOBERJU
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:30 am

Re: Military Law

Postby NAOBERJU » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:23 pm

NHESQ wrote:I have spent a long time lurking on this board for information and it has been a great resource. Like many on here I am currently waiting on the Army application and I have a quick question. I had a great FSO interview and I emailed a few times about a question or two through the application process, however, from reading the board it appears that people have forged very good relationships with FSOs. Am I at a disadvantage for not having formed more of a relationship or will I receive the same consideration as everyone else?

Just getting paranoid as the weeks go by.


I did not have a close relationship with my FSO and I did not have a problem at any stage. I was picked up for both the 1L and 2L summer internship and was selected for Army AD. I had the same FSO for all three interviews.

sarahbobara
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:36 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby sarahbobara » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:43 pm

Ok am I the only one whose deadline says 11/1/2013?
does anybody who was accepted/rejected in years past recall what theirs was at about this time of the year?

So far like 3 people said theirs says 12/13/13 so I am getting freaked out.

User avatar
maxpayne
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby maxpayne » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:50 pm

sarahbobara wrote:Ok am I the only one whose deadline says 11/1/2013?
does anybody who was accepted/rejected in years past recall what theirs was at about this time of the year?

So far like 3 people said theirs says 12/13/13 so I am getting freaked out.


My deadline still says 11/1/2013 and "pending board decision." I highly doubt that a different dates means anything, but I guess we will see.

BunnySlippers
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:20 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby BunnySlippers » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:52 pm

Can anyone tell me what on-duty social life is like? Are most of your friends folks from the office? I'm sure it varies across branches and bases. But any input, just from personal experience, would be welcome.

travellingboarder
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:58 am

Re: Military Law

Postby travellingboarder » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:58 pm

BunnySlippers wrote:Can anyone tell me what on-duty social life is like? Are most of your friends folks from the office? I'm sure it varies across branches and bases. But any input, just from personal experience, would be welcome.


This is a great question. I'd like to add to it. Any information for the wives (or husbands for the ladies) of JAG officers? I'm curious how the on-duty social life is for the spouses of the officers. Specifically, Army JAG officers. I want to make sure my wife stays busy and has some opportunities.

travellingboarder
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:58 am

Re: Military Law

Postby travellingboarder » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:11 pm

maxpayne wrote:
sarahbobara wrote:Ok am I the only one whose deadline says 11/1/2013?
does anybody who was accepted/rejected in years past recall what theirs was at about this time of the year?

So far like 3 people said theirs says 12/13/13 so I am getting freaked out.


My deadline still says 11/1/2013 and "pending board decision." I highly doubt that a different dates means anything, but I guess we will see.


Mine is at 12/13/2013 and I was hoping this meant the list would be dropped on this day…here's to hope!

User avatar
LSATmakesMeNeurotic
Posts: 941
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:17 am

Re: Military Law

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:28 pm

Did anyone have an additional application pop up? I now have two entries that say "pending board decision" but only one is for the 1 November board. The other is blank. I've been having issues getting onto the website though so maybe it's a glitch.

sarahbobara
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:36 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby sarahbobara » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:29 pm

LSATmakesMeNeurotic wrote:Did anyone have an additional application pop up? I now have two entries that say "pending board decision" but only one is for the 1 November board. The other is blank. I've been having issues getting onto the website though so maybe it's a glitch.


hmmm that is strange!!

theinvisiblehand
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:16 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby theinvisiblehand » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:18 pm

LSATmakesMeNeurotic wrote:Did anyone have an additional application pop up? I now have two entries that say "pending board decision" but only one is for the 1 November board. The other is blank. I've been having issues getting onto the website though so maybe it's a glitch.


I applied for the internship, and I have two entries that say "pending board decision." Both are dated with the deadline of November 1st. This changed about a week ago, so I am hoping that it means there will be a decision soon, but I would guess that AD results will be out before internship results.

Blackie Toy
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:08 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby Blackie Toy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:12 pm

In all honesty, I wouldn't give much weight to the status on the application website. The application I submitted for the 2013 internship still says pending.

sarahbobara
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:36 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby sarahbobara » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:13 pm

I say we all compare and analyze when the results come out to see whether in fact it does mean something. :P

Blackie Toy
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:08 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby Blackie Toy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:49 am

Pardon my omission. I was selected for the past year internship. The board for which I was selected still has its status available, from 11/12. It still says pending. Take from that what you want, but to relieve your anxiety, I'd rather look forward to the call from the FSO. If you have to check a website, check jagcnet and /jaro. That's where you'll see the list.

travellingboarder
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:58 am

Re: Military Law

Postby travellingboarder » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:06 pm

Blackie Toy wrote:Pardon my omission. I was selected for the past year internship. The board for which I was selected still has its status available, from 11/12. It still says pending. Take from that what you want, but to relieve your anxiety, I'd rather look forward to the call from the FSO. If you have to check a website, check jagcnet and /jaro. That's where you'll see the list.


I think we are all wondering about the different dates, not the Pending Board Decision status. At least that's what I was curious about. We're all "Pending" now and all previous applications (internships and AD) stay pending throughout the years. The dates are a different story.

I agree we need to wait for our FSOs to call. The important thing is getting selected. Good luck!

User avatar
spleenworship
Posts: 4421
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:08 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby spleenworship » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:52 pm

So I'm going on an out of country trip for the holidays next week. 10 days with no cell phone and no email.

Hopefully I'll get a call before then.

Fed_Atty
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:01 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Fed_Atty » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:55 pm

Just got the JAG wide e-mail from the Admirals. 11% selection rate. Maybe the economy is getting better?

mlittle5
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby mlittle5 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:18 pm

NavyJAG1 wrote:Just got the JAG wide e-mail from the Admirals. 11% selection rate. Maybe the economy is getting better?


Interesting. I wondering if that means results will post today. Mine still says "Pending". If the past is any indicator, then statuses would change in the evening.

User avatar
spleenworship
Posts: 4421
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:08 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby spleenworship » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:40 pm

NavyJAG1 wrote:Just got the JAG wide e-mail from the Admirals. 11% selection rate. Maybe the economy is getting better?


Yay!

Still pending here as well.


Edit: NavyJAG1 - how many applicants, did it say?

Fed_Atty
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:01 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Fed_Atty » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:31 pm

spleenworship wrote:
NavyJAG1 wrote:Just got the JAG wide e-mail from the Admirals. 11% selection rate. Maybe the economy is getting better?


Yay!

Still pending here as well.


Edit: NavyJAG1 - how many applicants, did it say?


Just under 300




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.