Military Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
brando4545

Re: Military Law

Postby brando4545 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:58 pm

When was the application deadline for Reserve? I'm an AD applicant, and my FSO made it clear to not expect the status to change for up to 3 weeks after the application deadline.

mlittle5

Postby mlittle5 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:02 pm

brando4545 wrote:When was the application deadline for Reserve? I'm an AD applicant, and my FSO made it clear to not expect the status to change for up to 3 weeks after the application deadline.

September 26, IIRC

maxpayne

Postby maxpayne » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:45 pm

Anyone have an update for AF DAP October Board results?

mlittle5

Postby mlittle5 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:54 pm

maxpayne wrote:Anyone have an update for AF DAP October Board results?

Still waiting on my call, here. I'll post as soon as I get one, if it happens.

CoolJustice13

Postby CoolJustice13 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:07 pm

mlittle5 wrote:
maxpayne wrote:Anyone have an update for AF DAP October Board results?

Still waiting on my call, here. I'll post as soon as I get one, if it happens.

Nada over here!!!

maxpayne

Postby maxpayne » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:23 pm

Maybe later this week we will hear something. We got a "wait" thread going on over at airforceots.com for the October 2013 Board under the Jag section. Yall should join in.

spleenworship

Postby spleenworship » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:49 pm

Talked to an AF JAG Captain this weekend. Stated that, 1) Mid-November responses for us, and 2) They'll automatically re-enter any declines for the December board, so good luck with both your bites of the apple.

FYI

maxpayne

Postby maxpayne » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:06 pm

What about applicants who have to re-interview?

mlittle5

Postby mlittle5 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:13 pm

maxpayne wrote:What about applicants who have to re-interview?

I thought I read somewhere in this thread that you can use an interview for two Boards. I could be wrong, though.

maxpayne

Postby maxpayne » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:15 pm

This board is my reconsideration as my first board was in April. After the second, I understand you have to re-interview.

PinkCow

Postby PinkCow » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:32 pm

d
Last edited by PinkCow on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Patrick Bateman

Postby Patrick Bateman » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:37 pm

PinkCow wrote:Hey I want to apply to the December board, but will likely only have 1 LOR by my interview sometime before 15 November (will have 5 by 1 December). I have a feeling that if I'm going to be accepted or denied, it won't be because of my LORs (or lack thereof).

Regardless, my question:

I know we get to reapply without re-interviewing if we're passed over the first time, but I was wondering if we're allowed to supplement our application package in the interim - i.e., by adding the LORS that were missing. This means that I would interview and initially apply with only 1 LOR and then reapply for April with all 5 LORs.

Yep. Just call JAX.

If you get all the letters by 1 Dec, you may be able to add them to your package for the Dec board. Once you get everything in hand, I would call JAX and ask if you can send them in. Depending when the selection board actually meets, they may be able to help you out.

PinkCow

Postby PinkCow » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:40 pm

Last edited by PinkCow on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoolJustice13

Postby CoolJustice13 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:21 pm

spleenworship wrote:Talked to an AF JAG Captain this weekend. Stated that, 1) Mid-November responses for us, and 2) They'll automatically re-enter any declines for the December board, so good luck with both your bites of the apple.

FYI

I also called the AF JAG recruiting office last week and the AF JAG Capt. informed me that we should hear something on or before 15 Nov and we will be re-enter automatically for the next board if not selected....

target

Postby target » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:44 am

CoolJustice13 wrote:
spleenworship wrote:Talked to an AF JAG Captain this weekend. Stated that, 1) Mid-November responses for us, and 2) They'll automatically re-enter any declines for the December board, so good luck with both your bites of the apple.

FYI

I also called the AF JAG recruiting office last week and the AF JAG Capt. informed me that we should hear something on or before 15 Nov and we will be re-enter automatically for the next board if not selected....

Thank you so much for this information, guys. Do you know if we should find out we get rejected by that date too? (try not to get my hope up here).

spleenworship

Postby spleenworship » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:19 pm

Hopefully someone who gets it will come in here and tell us so the rest of us can start freaking out about the Dec. boards instead.

maxpayne

Postby maxpayne » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:33 pm

I know right.

Also, update = just submitted by Army JAG app. Starting the wait on that as well. Army will not be having a Spring Board. So if I miss Army this time, I will have to wait until next Fall to apply.

CoolJustice13

Postby CoolJustice13 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:48 pm

FYI

maxpayne wrote:What about applicants who have to re-interview?

You should call JAX and ask, the Capt. who I talked to was very helpful.

CoolJustice13

Postby CoolJustice13 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:50 pm

target wrote:
CoolJustice13 wrote:

FYI

Thank you so much for this information, guys. Do you know if we should find out we get rejected by that date too? (try not to get my hope up here).

The Capt. I spoke to stated that everyone would be notified "on or before 15 Nov."

Duke31

Postby Duke31 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:41 pm

To all Army Reserve Component folks out there: looks like the board is finally starting to review applications (at least according to the online status checker). Good luck to all!

spleenworship

Postby spleenworship » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:01 pm

Hey, anyone like me who had to correct their application for the army (mine was a transcript unreadability issue)... Go over it one more time. I just realized I failed to fill out my extracurricular activities the first time.

So glad I spotted that.

maxpayne

Postby maxpayne » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:58 am

spleenworship wrote:Hey, anyone like me who had to correct their application for the army (mine was a transcript unreadability issue)... Go over it one more time. I just realized I failed to fill out my extracurricular activities the first time.

So glad I spotted that.

Funny you mention that. I had the same issue as the extracurricular activities was the last part I filled in before I submitted my application because I almost skipped over it.

Personally, I prefer the electronic application process of the Army over the paper app of the Air Force.

spleenworship

Postby spleenworship » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:07 pm

maxpayne wrote:
spleenworship wrote:Hey, anyone like me who had to correct their application for the army (mine was a transcript unreadability issue)... Go over it one more time. I just realized I failed to fill out my extracurricular activities the first time.

So glad I spotted that.

Funny you mention that. I had the same issue as the extracurricular activities was the last part I filled in before I submitted my application because I almost skipped over it.

Personally, I prefer the electronic application process of the Army over the paper app of the Air Force.

Ditto. In the end, I think I enjoyed the Navy app the best.

In other news, USCG is out for me. Mostly because even if I got a waiver I'd be lookin at reporting in spring or even fall of 2015. It was just too far out for me. It is hard enough waiting for early to late 2014. If I moved but had to keep in contact with my recruiter here, etc.

Also, recruiter told me pretty straight that for the USCG the doctors were informally telling him my waiver wouldn't happen.

maxpayne

Postby maxpayne » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:19 pm

2015? Wow. That's crazy.

Does anyone know the wait from selection to start date for the Air Force and Army?

spleenworship

Postby spleenworship » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:34 pm

maxpayne wrote:2015? Wow. That's crazy.

Does anyone know the wait from selection to start date for the Air Force and Army?

TBF my situation is different with the USCG. A few weeks ago they let me know that I had gotten bad info. They still required a physical BEFORE interview. And they cannot interview unless the applicant already has a waiver, if one is necessary.

So yeah.

Return to “Legal Employment”