Military Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
balzie94

Re: Military Law

Postby balzie94 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:54 am

Last edited by balzie94 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jackstark

Postby jackstark » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:26 pm

Navy JAG folks: what did you do/are you doing for bar review? assuming there's no help there, and that you don't get pay of any sort until going to post-bar training?

Myself

Postby Myself » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:48 pm

Last edited by Myself on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

BetterCallSaul!

Postby BetterCallSaul! » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:15 pm

They were probably waiting for AF DAP results as well...

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/off ... cide_x.htm

Patrick Bateman

Postby Patrick Bateman » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:19 pm

BetterCallSaul! wrote:They were probably waiting for AF DAP results as well...

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/off ... cide_x.htm

Too soon.

PSH

Postby PSH » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:07 pm

votewarrior wrote:
ShockTop wrote:This was posted to the Navy JAG Corps facebook page today:

US Navy JAG Corps Results will be released soon, via a change to your Application Status when you log in to the online application. Professionally Recommended applicants will also be contacted directly by the JAGC Accessions Office. for more info, visit
--LinkRemoved--

"Soon" is such a tease.

Totally relative is what it is. To be frank, we already knew this. I'll be interested when the first person says that they heard back.

LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:44 pm

Does anyone know if the Army AD selections get posted around the same time as the internship selections? I'm assuming the internship selections will come out the same time as they did last year (2nd week of January), but if they come out the 1st like the AD is estimated to be released, that would be even better! Or worse, obviously.

Panama2014

Postby Panama2014 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:15 pm

Navy guys, word from my source is that the decisions have been made and are still waiting to be signed off on. First word about whether you are professionally recommended or declined will be posted to the website.

target

Postby target » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:16 pm

Panama2014 wrote:Navy guys, word from my source is that the decisions have been made and are still waiting to be signed off on. First word about whether you are professionally recommended or declined will be posted to the website.

well, hope the results come out tomorrow after my last final because I will be drinking hard regardless.

Brook2013

Postby Brook2013 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:33 pm

target wrote:
Panama2014 wrote:Navy guys, word from my source is that the decisions have been made and are still waiting to be signed off on. First word about whether you are professionally recommended or declined will be posted to the website.

well, hope the results come out tomorrow after my last final because I will be drinking hard regardless.

Me too. And it would be nice to know if I'm drowning my sorrows or celebrating.

PSH

Postby PSH » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:58 pm

Well it better be tomorrow or Friday, or I'll...I'll scream!

jagapplicant2012

Postby jagapplicant2012 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:33 pm

Last edited by jagapplicant2012 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PSH

Postby PSH » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:37 pm

jagapplicant2012 wrote:
PSH wrote:Well it better be tomorrow or Friday, or I'll...I'll scream!

Navy applicants, I hope you get your results soon! Any prediction regarding AF AD? I am headed out the country for all of next week and I don't want to miss my phone call (... the one that probably won't come, but for now I am being optimistic).

Soon hopefully. And stay optimistic. Pessimism is no fun

LazinessPerSe

Postby LazinessPerSe » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:56 am

Hurry up and wait.

GoinforJAG

Postby GoinforJAG » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:08 pm

Just heard from a reliable inside source that they don't expect Navy results to be released until next week OR the week after next.

balzie94

Postby balzie94 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:11 pm

Yeah, for some reason the fall results seem to take forever and a day to sort through. Last year, we waited like 9 weeks. Then in the spring, it was closer to 7.

thekc7

Postby thekc7 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:05 pm

For my fellow Army DAP applicants, I checked the JARO webpage that has the board results and it has changed. The FY 2012 selection list has been removed and it now says:

The selection and alternate results for the Active Duty Accession Board with the U.S. Army JAG Corps will be posted in the next few weeks. Thank you to all applicants for your interest in the JAG Corps and we wish you all the best of luck. Our next Active Duty Board will be in the Fall of 2013 with expected deadline of 01 November 2013.

Here's hoping it is a short few weeks for all my fellow applicants, followed by a congratulatory phone call!

KWC2VL

Postby KWC2VL » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:40 pm

I also applied for the Nov 1 (8) Army JAG Board, and my status still says under completeness review. The JARO Facebook page says to expect that for a few weeks, because they need to do two quality control reviews of each application, and they received over 1000 applications.

I did not see on the JARO Facebook page any information about a specific number of applications, i.e. 1000+. Did I miss this, or does that info come from somewhere else? A couple of recent posters seemed to suggest that numbers might be down again from the 850 applicants last year. Also, my FSO indicated that he thought numbers were down significantly this cycle, although I don't know if he was referring only to his region. TIA for any clarification.

balzie94

Postby balzie94 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:56 pm

Last year, Navy's Facebook page stated that results would be posted "in mid January." A couple days after that post, the results were posted (Dec 29). Also, AF's Facebook page last year stated that the summer internship application "would be up soon." It was up 2+ months later.

Long story short, I would not take posts on JARO Facebook pages about the inner workings of the selection process very seriously.

thekc7

Postby thekc7 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:37 pm

KWC2VL wrote:
I also applied for the Nov 1 (8) Army JAG Board, and my status still says under completeness review. The JARO Facebook page says to expect that for a few weeks, because they need to do two quality control reviews of each application, and they received over 1000 applications.

I did not see on the JARO Facebook page any information about a specific number of applications, i.e. 1000+. Did I miss this, or does that info come from somewhere else? A couple of recent posters seemed to suggest that numbers might be down again from the 850 applicants last year. Also, my FSO indicated that he thought numbers were down significantly this cycle, although I don't know if he was referring only to his region. TIA for any clarification.

I actually saw that info in an answer to someone's question posted on the JARO Facebook page. Obviously, we have no way to know if there were actually over a thousand applicants or if the number of applicants has dropped. I certainly hope that the number of applicants has dropped like most people are saying.

mattpen

Postby mattpen » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:27 pm

I noticed that the Army JARO page also posted that they cancelled the Spring board again so may have to wait til next fall to apply again.

KWC2VL

Postby KWC2VL » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:36 am

thekc7 wrote: I actually saw that info in an answer to someone's question posted on the JARO Facebook page. Obviously, we have no way to know if there were actually over a thousand applicants or if the number of applicants has dropped. I certainly hope that the number of applicants has dropped like most people are saying.

I'll second that. Thanks for explaining, I must've just missed it. Good luck!

thekc7

Postby thekc7 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:49 am

KWC2VL wrote:
thekc7 wrote: I actually saw that info in an answer to someone's question posted on the JARO Facebook page. Obviously, we have no way to know if there were actually over a thousand applicants or if the number of applicants has dropped. I certainly hope that the number of applicants has dropped like most people are saying.

No problem. There's just so much info out there, it is hard to keep it all straight. I don't know how the people who apply multiple times do it, getting an answer to my JAG application is pretty much all I think about. Of course, I am realistic and I understand that I will, most likely, become one of the folks who is applying to at least a few boards.

jessie

Postby jessie » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:51 am

Anyone else here awaiting the FLEP board results for Army?

BetterCallSaul!

Postby BetterCallSaul! » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:59 am

thekc7 wrote:
KWC2VL wrote:

No problem. There's just so much info out there, it is hard to keep it all straight. I don't know how the people who apply multiple times do it, getting an answer to my JAG application is pretty much all I think about. Of course, I am realistic and I understand that I will, most likely, become one of the folks who is applying to at least a few boards.

By the time the fourth or fifth board comes around, you're desensitized to the waiting process. Actually, you start to fear the day you see people receiving phone calls...

Return to “Legal Employment”