Military Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
SocalPizza
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:40 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby SocalPizza » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:56 am

lostbeans wrote:Apologies if this question has been asked. I did a quick forum and google search and I can't find out where the application website is for USAF DAP applicants. I applied last year and was rejected from several boards, so I know that I once knew how to find the website for DAP applicants. I go here: http://www.afjag.af.mil/careers/index.asp which leads me to here --LinkRemoved-- which leads me back to the JAG homepage. I can access the application website for the Air Force Reserve and Air National Guard but not one for active duty -- have they removed the website, just liked they stopped April Boards?


--LinkRemoved-- is the correct site. Skip the intro, use the tabs at the top.

lostbeans
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby lostbeans » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:58 am

SocalPizza wrote:
lostbeans wrote:Apologies if this question has been asked. I did a quick forum and google search and I can't find out where the application website is for USAF DAP applicants. I applied last year and was rejected from several boards, so I know that I once knew how to find the website for DAP applicants. I go here: http://www.afjag.af.mil/careers/index.asp which leads me to here --LinkRemoved-- which leads me back to the JAG homepage. I can access the application website for the Air Force Reserve and Air National Guard but not one for active duty -- have they removed the website, just liked they stopped April Boards?


--LinkRemoved-- is the correct site. Skip the intro, use the tabs at the top.


Thank you. I was using the links at the bottom and it was redirecting me.

User avatar
SocalPizza
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:40 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby SocalPizza » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:29 am

No problem. I knew instantly what your problem was, since I had the same one the first time I went looking for information. I was this close to calling JAX. Time to change your handle to foundbeans.

User avatar
msmossie
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:12 am

Re: Military Law

Postby msmossie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:36 am

Anyone else still "Under Completeness Review" for Army JAG March board?

User avatar
SocalPizza
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:40 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby SocalPizza » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:28 pm

msmossie wrote:Anyone else still "Under Completeness Review" for Army JAG March board?


Affirmative.

User avatar
shepdawg
Posts: 477
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby shepdawg » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:08 pm

msmossie wrote:Anyone else still "Under Completeness Review" for Army JAG March board?

My friend says his status is now "Pending Board Decision"

User avatar
SocalPizza
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:40 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby SocalPizza » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:42 pm

shepdawg wrote:
msmossie wrote:Anyone else still "Under Completeness Review" for Army JAG March board?

My friend says his status is now "Pending Board Decision"


They must be saving the best for last.

User avatar
msmossie
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:12 am

Re: Military Law

Postby msmossie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:16 pm

SocalPizza wrote:
shepdawg wrote:
msmossie wrote:Anyone else still "Under Completeness Review" for Army JAG March board?

My friend says his status is now "Pending Board Decision"


They must be saving the best for last.


I check my application almost daily in hopes to see a change in status. It's nice to know others are waiting as well, although hopefully not as obsessive.

I think they must be reviewing them in the order they received them. I know someone else on this board sent the app off the last week of Feb and was "Pending Board Decision" late last week. I sent mine on March 1st.

But I really prefer the "saving the best for last" explanation. *crosses fingers*

MarMal
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:34 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby MarMal » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:16 pm

Mine still says "Under Completeness Review". My November app is listed and says "Pending Board Decision" so I'd guess that unless you're selected, that's the final application status you'll receive. I also sent mine on March 1st.

User avatar
msmossie
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:12 am

Re: Military Law

Postby msmossie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:20 pm

MarMal wrote:Mine still says "Under Completeness Review". My November app is listed and says "Pending Board Decision" so I'd guess that unless you're selected, that's the final application status you'll receive.


Yeah. My 1L internship status (from 2 years ago) is still "Pending Board Decision" and I was accepted.

I was thinking of calling the office and making sure everything is okay, but now I'll wait since there are many still "Under Completeness Review."

User avatar
Esquire
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:45 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby Esquire » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:24 pm

If you look back at my old posts, you can see I was still Under Completeness Review weeks after most were Pending Board Decision. I was a primary select. So you're in good company! :mrgreen:

User avatar
msmossie
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:12 am

Re: Military Law

Postby msmossie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:34 pm

Esquire wrote:If you look back at my old posts, you can see I was still Under Completeness Review weeks after most were Pending Board Decision. I was a primary select. So you're in good company! :mrgreen:


That's good news indeed. Thanks!

duckmoney
Posts: 886
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby duckmoney » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:18 am

New to this. I browsed through the first several pages of this thread but couldn't find any specific information on this.

Basically, I'm a 0L, headed to a T10 in the fall and strongly considering the JAG Corps + LRAP. What's the best way to get started and set myself up for getting in?

Also, at one point do I need to able to pass the PT tests?

Thanks!

User avatar
Cravin
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:19 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Cravin » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:22 am

duckmoney wrote:New to this. I browsed through the first several pages of this thread but couldn't find any specific information on this.

Basically, I'm a 0L, headed to a T10 in the fall and strongly considering the JAG Corps + LRAP. What's the best way to get started and set myself up for getting in?

Also, at one point do I need to able to pass the PT tests?

Thanks!


Not a JAG, but I can assure you that, yes, at some point you will need to pass the PT test, and be able to pass it on a regular basis.

duckmoney
Posts: 886
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby duckmoney » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:44 am

Cravin wrote:
duckmoney wrote:New to this. I browsed through the first several pages of this thread but couldn't find any specific information on this.

Basically, I'm a 0L, headed to a T10 in the fall and strongly considering the JAG Corps + LRAP. What's the best way to get started and set myself up for getting in?

Also, at one point do I need to able to pass the PT tests?

Thanks!


Not a JAG, but I can assure you that, yes, at some point you will need to pass the PT test, and be able to pass it on a regular basis.


I figured as much, but do I need to whip myself into shape quickly or do I have until after 3L?

umassalpha
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby umassalpha » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:03 am

I'm also pending board decision but honestly I don't think we'll hear back until early May

mrh769
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:46 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby mrh769 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:57 am

I know the Navy JAG website states that you are not able to make changes once you submit the application. However, when you go into the application it LOOKS like you can make & submit changes. I haven't tried to do anything, just wondering if anyone has tried to make updates after submission, and whether or not it worked. I noticed a mistake on the application and would like to correct it, if possible, before the deadline tomorrow.
Thanks!

hasmith
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:56 am

Re: Military Law

Postby hasmith » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:07 pm

mrh769 wrote:I know the Navy JAG website states that you are not able to make changes once you submit the application. However, when you go into the application it LOOKS like you can make & submit changes. I haven't tried to do anything, just wondering if anyone has tried to make updates after submission, and whether or not it worked. I noticed a mistake on the application and would like to correct it, if possible, before the deadline tomorrow.
Thanks!


Unless they have changed it since the last application cycle, you will not be able to make changes. The issue will arise when you try to submit the application, you will receive an error message. Depending on the magnitude of the error, you can get in touch with the JAG accessions officer and explain. She may be able to make the correction for you.

mrh769
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:46 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby mrh769 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:07 pm

hasmith wrote:
mrh769 wrote:I know the Navy JAG website states that you are not able to make changes once you submit the application. However, when you go into the application it LOOKS like you can make & submit changes. I haven't tried to do anything, just wondering if anyone has tried to make updates after submission, and whether or not it worked. I noticed a mistake on the application and would like to correct it, if possible, before the deadline tomorrow.
Thanks!


Unless they have changed it since the last application cycle, you will not be able to make changes. The issue will arise when you try to submit the application, you will receive an error message. Depending on the magnitude of the error, you can get in touch with the JAG accessions officer and explain. She may be able to make the correction for you.


Thanks so much! That does make sense. Since it allowed me to upload a new picture and delete the old one, I had hoped it would let me do the same for the application. Hopefully, they haven't printed out all the documents for the file yet!

The error really isn't a big deal, and I'm inclined to just let it be. Thanks again!

User avatar
msmossie
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:12 am

Re: Military Law

Postby msmossie » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:43 pm

umassalpha wrote:I'm also pending board decision but honestly I don't think we'll hear back until early May


I hope not. I know last year the results came out in early April. The November board takes over two months because of two major holidays.

mrh769
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:46 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby mrh769 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:01 pm

For those of you interested. I just found this out regarding Air Force DAP Boards:

"The Air Force recently streamlined its board process by reducing the number of annual Direct Appointment Program (DAP) boards from six to three taking place in October, December, and April. Therefore, the June and August 2011 DAP Boards are cancelled, and the next DAP board will be in October 2011.

"Due to the new board schedule, the next DAP board will be in October 2011. Interviews for the October DAP should ideally be completed between 1 August and 15 September 2011. The ROTC board for the Education Delay, Graduate Law Program, and One Year College Program, will be held in February 2012. The Funded Legal Education Program and Excess Leave Program for current Air Force officers will be held in March 2012. Please check this site for any updates regarding the October 2011 DAP Board. You may also call 1-800-JAG-USAF to speak with a JAG Recruiter."

FMajor
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:36 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby FMajor » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:39 pm

February 2011 AF DAP board: 0 selections due to restructuring.

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:13 pm

duckmoney wrote:
Cravin wrote:
duckmoney wrote:New to this. I browsed through the first several pages of this thread but couldn't find any specific information on this.

Basically, I'm a 0L, headed to a T10 in the fall and strongly considering the JAG Corps + LRAP. What's the best way to get started and set myself up for getting in?

Also, at one point do I need to able to pass the PT tests?

Thanks!


Not a JAG, but I can assure you that, yes, at some point you will need to pass the PT test, and be able to pass it on a regular basis.


I figured as much, but do I need to whip myself into shape quickly or do I have until after 3L?


Was in the JAG Corps in the Army (not an attorney). The PT test is easy and no I'm not some super stud but seriously I only knew 3 Army JAG (officer and enlisted) over 4 1/2yrs who had ever failed a test. if you exercise semi-regular you will have no trouble.

User avatar
msmossie
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:12 am

Re: Military Law

Postby msmossie » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:10 am

unc0mm0n1 wrote:Was in the JAG Corps in the Army (not an attorney). The PT test is easy and no I'm not some super stud but seriously I only knew 3 Army JAG (officer and enlisted) over 4 1/2yrs who had ever failed a test. if you exercise semi-regular you will have no trouble.


Have you tried the new PT test yet?

User avatar
msmossie
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:12 am

Re: Military Law

Postby msmossie » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:14 am

FMajor wrote:February 2011 AF DAP board: 0 selections due to restructuring.


Well that makes me feel better about missing the Feb board.

I doubt many alternates for the Army March board will make it through now. There is just nowhere to go.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.