Military Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Mroberts3

Re: Military Law

Postby Mroberts3 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:41 pm

Mine are addressed to the selection board (there is some form that says to do this. Of course, its the same form that says to mail your letters to DC even though the person who scheduled my interview said LoRs should go to me to be turned in with the rest of my packet directly to the base where I am applying.)

eodops

Postby eodops » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:47 pm

Baylan wrote:For my LoR's for my SJA interview, should I have them addressed to the SJA or the accessions committee?

Mine were also addressed to the board.

Good luck in the interview...It sounds like the AFROTC interview went well!

Patrick Bateman

Postby Patrick Bateman » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:11 am

Baylan wrote:For my LoR's for my SJA interview, should I have them addressed to the SJA or the accessions committee?

"Accessions Committee" works. "Selection Board" is probably even more accurate. I truly doubt the board is going to be butt-hurt over the wording of the salutation. That said, SJA would not be proper.

Baylan

Postby Baylan » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:52 am

Next part of that question is then: should I have it addressed a la a typical memo, and if so, to any particular address? I can't seem to find the info for where to send it, and realizing that I'll be giving my various LoRs directly to the interviewing SJA, I'm just curious. Trying to get things in line so that everything will be straight for my interview...

Thanks for the help, everyone, I really appreciate it!

Patrick Bateman

Postby Patrick Bateman » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:07 am

Baylan wrote:Next part of that question is then: should I have it addressed a la a typical memo, and if so, to any particular address? I can't seem to find the info for where to send it, and realizing that I'll be giving my various LoRs directly to the interviewing SJA, I'm just curious. Trying to get things in line so that everything will be straight for my interview...

It is not at all necessary to format it like a traditional memo. I know I did not have mine formatted in that style and I can't recall seeing it on others. If you are set on doing it, you can use the following:

HQ USAF/JAX
112 Luke Avenue, Suite 104
Bolling AFB, DC 20032-6400.

Baylan

Postby Baylan » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:17 am

Patrick Bateman wrote:
Baylan wrote:Next part of that question is then: should I have it addressed a la a typical memo, and if so, to any particular address? I can't seem to find the info for where to send it, and realizing that I'll be giving my various LoRs directly to the interviewing SJA, I'm just curious. Trying to get things in line so that everything will be straight for my interview...

It is not at all necessary to format it like a traditional memo. I know I did not have mine formatted in that style and I can't recall seeing it on others. If you are set on doing it, you can use the following:

HQ USAF/JAX
112 Luke Avenue, Suite 104
Bolling AFB, DC 20032-6400.

A couple of my LoR writers asked, which is why I asked... Will pass it along to them. Thanks again, Patrick Bateman. You've been a great help and resource through this whole process

stevesmith11

Postby stevesmith11 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:23 pm

If you get a 2L summer internship with Army JAG, what are the chances/procedures for getting hired after graduation?

E\/ERLAST

Postby E\/ERLAST » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:43 pm

stevesmith11 wrote:If you get a 2L summer internship with Army JAG, what are the chances/procedures for getting hired after graduation?

Better than average. You follow the same procedures as you would any other applicant. There is a place in the application where you will have the opportunity to state you were an intern.

jag2L

Postby jag2L » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:18 pm

E\/ERLAST wrote:
stevesmith11 wrote:If you get a 2L summer internship with Army JAG, what are the chances/procedures for getting hired after graduation?

Better than average. You follow the same procedures as you would any other applicant. There is a place in the application where you will have the opportunity to state you were an intern.

That's true. You will also have the benefit of a letter of recommendation from your Deputy SJA (typically an O-5) as well as an intern evaluation that the JAG Recruiting Office (JARO) keeps on file.

Of the 2L interns that I worked with, one was accepted immediately and one was accepted on his second board.

jess8328

Postby jess8328 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:17 pm

For Army active duty, how rare/common is it for people to get accepted on their first board?

hasmith

Postby hasmith » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:28 pm

jess8328 wrote:For Army active duty, how rare/common is it for people to get accepted on their first board?

I doubt that anyone here has access to that statistic. You may get some anecdotal evidence, but I think that is all.

smackboy33

Postby smackboy33 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:03 pm

anyone know when the Army FLEP selection list for Fall 2011 will be posted. I thought it was supposed to be before Christmas?

umassalpha

Postby umassalpha » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:48 am

Exams are over, waiting for the Army JAG results, has anyone started filling out the March app just in case? haha

jess8328

Postby jess8328 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:22 am

umassalpha wrote:Exams are over, waiting for the Army JAG results, has anyone started filling out the March app just in case? haha

Haha, nope, not yet. Here's to hoping that we don't have to. :lol:

Rocky Estoppel

Postby Rocky Estoppel » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:05 pm

On the Army JAG internship application, if you go to check your application, is everyone's uploaded files showing up when you check your application? When I go look at my application, by clicking on "Print Application," none of the files that I uploaded show up. I hope that they received everything because I know that I uploaded all of those files.

I'm "Pending Board Review" so if anything was missing or required I think they would have contacted me about it. At least that is what it looks like under their instructions because I've already passed the "Under Completeness Review" stage of the application.

umassalpha

Postby umassalpha » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:58 pm

Rocky Estoppel wrote:On the Army JAG internship application, if you go to check your application, is everyone's uploaded files showing up when you check your application? When I go look at my application, by clicking on "Print Application," none of the files that I uploaded show up. I hope that they received everything because I know that I uploaded all of those files.

I'm "Pending Board Review" so if anything was missing or required I think they would have contacted me about it. At least that is what it looks like under their instructions because I've already passed the "Under Completeness Review" stage of the application.

From what I've heard they're pretty good about making sure anyone who submits has a complete application before they go to the board for review.

Rocky Estoppel

Postby Rocky Estoppel » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:42 pm

umassalpha wrote:
Rocky Estoppel wrote:On the Army JAG internship application, if you go to check your application, is everyone's uploaded files showing up when you check your application? When I go look at my application, by clicking on "Print Application," none of the files that I uploaded show up. I hope that they received everything because I know that I uploaded all of those files.

From what I've heard they're pretty good about making sure anyone who submits has a complete application before they go to the board for review.

I hope you're right. Thanks.

jag2L

Postby jag2L » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:20 pm

FLEP results are out:
--LinkRemoved-- (best viewed using IE; other browsers don't load the page properly)

Congrats to all who made it!

leftwich

Postby leftwich » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:52 pm

Only 19 primaries this year. I wonder why the decrease from previous years?

SocalPizza

Postby SocalPizza » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:57 pm

Anyone else watching the Independence Bowl and wondering if they've decided who's getting the USAF JAG Internships?

Go Air Force!

sherpaorlawschool

Postby sherpaorlawschool » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:03 pm

Last edited by sherpaorlawschool on Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

theskippa10

Postby theskippa10 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:15 pm

These are from 2004. I had a saved PDF of ones from 2007 I believe that I can't find but this s a good starting point.

http://www.military.com/Recruiting/Content/0,13898,rec_step07_DQ_medical,,00.html

Some of the language for back issues is rather cryptics, so I'm not exactly sure if it is disqualifying or not.

sherpaorlawschool

Postby sherpaorlawschool » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:26 pm

theskippa10 wrote:These are from 2004. I had a saved PDF of ones from 2007 I believe that I can't find but this s a good starting point.

http://www.military.com/Recruiting/Content/0,13898,rec_step07_DQ_medical,,00.html

Some of the language for back issues is rather cryptics, so I'm not exactly sure if it is disqualifying or not.

Thanks! It does seem rather cryptic. Maybe I should talk to a recruiter sometime and see what they say.

kaesch

Postby kaesch » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:02 pm

SocalPizza wrote:Anyone else watching the Independence Bowl and wondering if they've decided who's getting the USAF JAG Internships?

Go Air Force!

I know it seems like we've been waiting forever! According to the head of the board they will be meeting to review everything starting the first week in January.

Rocky Estoppel

Postby Rocky Estoppel » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:18 pm

Got an offer for an internship at a DA's office I'd really like to work at. I really wish I'd hear from the Army or Air Force about their internships soon so I can make a decision.

Return to “Legal Employment”