Military Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 301571
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:02 am

CaseClosed wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:A quick data point and a question:

Data Point: So I had heard that the DoDMERB processing often takes a VERY long time. I don't know if they are currently at a slow point or something right now, but I was able to get a Qualified determination in less than two weeks from the date I took my physical. This included an administrative remedial (required that I explain something in my medical history) and an unrelated clinical remedial (required that I have another test done). Luckily I was able to schedule the clinical remedial with my personal doctor the same day I was informed about it, but had I taken my time, this part of the process likely would have lagged.

Question: The Army packets on the JARO website indicate that the DoDMERB qualification and the HRC Surgeon General qualification are two separate requirements. Does anyone know the process flow on getting the HRC Surgeon General qualification? Will my DoDMERB Qualification result in an automatic HRC qualification? Do I have to send anything in to HRC or does JARO handle this?


How long did it take for them to update your account after you turned in your remedial? Currently going through this process now.


Two days from submitting the remedial to hearing something back on it.

Anonymous User
Posts: 301571
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:12 pm

Anybody in the Army JAOBC 203rd class receive a call from the assignment officer yet? Or possibly still waiting for that call?

pikee12000
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:20 am

Re: Military Law

Postby pikee12000 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anybody in the Army JAOBC 203rd class receive a call from the assignment officer yet? Or possibly still waiting for that call?


I just cleared medical, but I'm waiting for the call.

Anonymous User
Posts: 301571
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:00 pm

Anyone in FY 2017 get any more emails/updates besides DODMERB medical?

CaseClosed
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Military Law

Postby CaseClosed » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone in FY 2017 get any more emails/updates besides DODMERB medical?


Nope. I haven't heard from Army Jaro in weeks and the DODMERB website has been down for at least 5 days.

Anonymous User
Posts: 301571
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:37 am

This is really just venting at this point - but has anyone had luck getting much in the way of anything from JARO?

I don't know if this goes for every year and/or class, but working with JARO is an entirely frustrating experience - I understand many of us won't be on active duty for 6 months or more, but the lack of communication / and worthwhile information makes one wonder how they ever assess anyone onto AD in a timely manner....

Anonymous User
Posts: 301571
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:This is really just venting at this point - but has anyone had luck getting much in the way of anything from JARO?

I don't know if this goes for every year and/or class, but working with JARO is an entirely frustrating experience - I understand many of us won't be on active duty for 6 months or more, but the lack of communication / and worthwhile information makes one wonder how they ever assess anyone onto AD in a timely manner....


It has been mixed for me. I've had emails where I received an instant response, others that took a week or so, and others that were never acknowledged.

My understanding is that they have a relatively small office processing a lot of people (all the people who just got in, PLUS everyone who got in in previous years that either is just now getting through medical or was deferred due to some other reason), on top of actual recruiting activity. So, I get that they may be backlogged.

Anonymous User
Posts: 301571
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:This is really just venting at this point - but has anyone had luck getting much in the way of anything from JARO?

I don't know if this goes for every year and/or class, but working with JARO is an entirely frustrating experience - I understand many of us won't be on active duty for 6 months or more, but the lack of communication / and worthwhile information makes one wonder how they ever assess anyone onto AD in a timely manner....


Same here. Never get a response from anyone and barely have any information on what I should be doing next.

Anonymous User
Posts: 301571
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:This is really just venting at this point - but has anyone had luck getting much in the way of anything from JARO?

I don't know if this goes for every year and/or class, but working with JARO is an entirely frustrating experience - I understand many of us won't be on active duty for 6 months or more, but the lack of communication / and worthwhile information makes one wonder how they ever assess anyone onto AD in a timely manner....

Kind of echoing what was mentioned above. You guys gotta calm down a bit. I'm sure you've read through this thread, and from that, it's pretty apparent things will take a long time, and you should expect it will take a long time until everything is done and you go to training. I'm pretty sure their "staff" is only 1 accessions officer and 1 civilian employee helping...that's it. I know it's not the greatest thing to hear, but that's just the reality of what we've gotten in to.

Anonymous User
Posts: 301571
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:56 pm

Does anybody who got into the OYCP this year know the dates of the LEAD Camp (Field Training) for AFROTC this summer? I've surprisingly got little notification about the process for this summer from both my detachment and the Pentagon.

Anonymous User
Posts: 301571
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anybody who got into the OYCP this year know the dates of the LEAD Camp (Field Training) for AFROTC this summer? I've surprisingly got little notification about the process for this summer from both my detachment and the Pentagon.

According to my detachment, MAX I is 17 May - 9 June, MAX II 31 May - 23 June, etc. I think there's like six different possible training dates you can get assigned to- didn't copy them all down though. Planning for it has been a bit of a headache since they basically told me you can't choose which one you go to. I'm working with them to try and request an earlier MAX so I can get another job/paycheck for the rest of the summer, but I've found OYCP to be pretty poorly structured so far: everything feels improvised and it constantly seems like everyone is trying fit a square law school peg into a round undergrad ROTC hole.

Anonymous User
Posts: 301571
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:10 pm

The job announcement for the Air Force internship said that those selected will receive emails with offers of employment, and those denied will receive a letter in the mail. Does anyone know if this is accurate? I noticed in previous years people were notified of selection via phone call for the internship

Anonymous User
Posts: 301571
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:51 am

Anyone have a general idea on how long the SF85 check takes for Summer positions?

Anonymous User
Posts: 301571
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have a general idea on how long the SF85 check takes for Summer positions?


I don't have information related to the summer jobs specifically, but when I did mine for a civilian position, I submitted the paperwork in February, had a preliminary by June, and a full by August.

There is a fairly active forum on clearances here: https://forum.federalsoup.com/default.a ... opics&f=22

Anonymous User
Posts: 301571
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have a general idea on how long the SF85 check takes for Summer positions?


I submitted my SF85 for the Army internship last year in April and never heard back about it after submission (and neither did the other interns I was working with). The only effect was that we had to have an escort while in sensitive areas.

User avatar
livefromannarbor
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:28 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby livefromannarbor » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The job announcement for the Air Force internship said that those selected will receive emails with offers of employment, and those denied will receive a letter in the mail. Does anyone know if this is accurate? I noticed in previous years people were notified of selection via phone call for the internship


It's my understanding (so take it with a grain of salt) that the notification types change each year, so sometimes they call people, sometimes they get an email. I got a call when I was accepted for the externship, and an email when I was denied for the internship last year (don't remember there being a letter), for whatever that's worth.

Anonymous User
Posts: 301571
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Timing: MEPS to offer

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:05 pm

Just as a data point on recent processing times, I was accepted to AF JAG in December board. I submitted my paperwork and all medical records within two weeks of call with recruiter to explain the process. I will go to MEPS next week, a full two months after submitting my package.

Anyone have data points on how long from medical clearance to receiving the offer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 301571
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:39 pm

JAG Corps and Loan Repayment, SCRA - looking for info, separate thread
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=276275

ss3db1
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:00 pm

Re: Military Law

Postby ss3db1 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:25 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anybody who got into the OYCP this year know the dates of the LEAD Camp (Field Training) for AFROTC this summer? I've surprisingly got little notification about the process for this summer from both my detachment and the Pentagon.

According to my detachment, MAX I is 17 May - 9 June, MAX II 31 May - 23 June, etc. I think there's like six different possible training dates you can get assigned to- didn't copy them all down though. Planning for it has been a bit of a headache since they basically told me you can't choose which one you go to. I'm working with them to try and request an earlier MAX so I can get another job/paycheck for the rest of the summer, but I've found OYCP to be pretty poorly structured so far: everything feels improvised and it constantly seems like everyone is trying fit a square law school peg into a round undergrad ROTC hole.


If it is anything like 2 years ago then you will not have a choice of which Max you go to, as you will have to do FTAP (or whatever they are calling it now) to cover the AS 100/200 syllabus. In my year (Field Training '15) we went to Max 3 which was the middle Max. We were sent down early and kept separate for about 5 days, which consisted of classroom time and a semblance of normalcy before then being put back on a bus and driven over to join the fun with the rest of the Cadets.

Also feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about the program, I'm in the GLP and just gearing up to commission etc now.

Anonymous User
Posts: 301571
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:08 pm

Has anyone received any information from the AD ascension team?

I never received a follow up email after the phone call and I have sent a few emails to our point of contact regarding my status for the October class and I have yet to receive 1 email back. Wondering if anyone else has been able to communicate

Anonymous User
Posts: 301571
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone received any information from the AD ascension team?

I never received a follow up email after the phone call and I have sent a few emails to our point of contact regarding my status for the October class and I have yet to receive 1 email back. Wondering if anyone else has been able to communicate


Putting out the same request for Reserves.

I've contacted the JARO RC office a few times but haven't heard anything back. I finished everything from the emails and sent it all in, but its been almost a month since hearing anything back.

Anonymous User
Posts: 301571
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone received any information from the AD ascension team?

I never received a follow up email after the phone call and I have sent a few emails to our point of contact regarding my status for the October class and I have yet to receive 1 email back. Wondering if anyone else has been able to communicate

I think they are probably getting everybody ready for the May class next month. You'll probably hear more follow-up from them next month.

Anonymous User
Posts: 301571
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:50 pm

Sounds like notifications are going out for the summer internship. I have a friend who got an email saying he wasn't accepted. I haven't gotten the email but I also haven't received any communication that I did get it. Has anyone here received an acceptance?

Anonymous User
Posts: 301571
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Sounds like notifications are going out for the summer internship. I have a friend who got an email saying he wasn't accepted. I haven't gotten the email but I also haven't received any communication that I did get it. Has anyone here received an acceptance?

No, also got the rejection email.

Anonymous User
Posts: 301571
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Military Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Sounds like notifications are going out for the summer internship. I have a friend who got an email saying he wasn't accepted. I haven't gotten the email but I also haven't received any communication that I did get it. Has anyone here received an acceptance?

No, also got the rejection email.

I applied and have not received any notification of my results




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.