How quickly do firms respond to recruiter submissions? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How quickly do firms respond to recruiter submissions?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:53 pm

I’ve had a number of submissions made for me over the last two weeks, via recruiter.

I’ve heard many firms just never respond to a submission, including a recruiter submission, so I am wondering at what point after your resume has gone to a firm via recruiter should you just give up on the opportunity and continue applying to other, maybe somewhat less desirable opportunities?

Have we already entered the “slow holiday season”?

Anonymous User

Re: How quickly do firms respond to recruiter submissions?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:22 am

In my experience, if you’re working with a recruiter that can’t get you a response ASAP, that recruiter is just randomly submitting you to firms without having any connections.

When I interviewed for a firm through a recruiter, the partner told me in confidence that he had never spoken to the recruiter before and he wanted to meet with me to tell me not to use a recruiter if at all possible.

This same recruiter tried to help finding my friend a job and apparently she had “connections” at firms but didn’t actually have them and never heard back from the firm because they ignored her like any other application submission.

tldr, if the recruiter actually has connections you will hear back quickly. If he or she doesn’t, you may never hear back.

Anonymous User

Re: How quickly do firms respond to recruiter submissions?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:36 pm

Does anyone know whether a hiring committee needs to approve an interview for one to go out to a candidate, or is it just partners in the practice group hiring?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”