Honors Attorney Program 2019-2020 (non-DOJ)

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Honors Attorney Program 2019-2020 (non-DOJ)

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:58 am

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything from all the other various non-DOJ honors programs?

Specifically, I'm wondering about Department of Labor. I interviewed last month and they said they'd be reaching out one way or another by end of September.

Btw, I heard from DHS and they said they'll reach out end of October for second-round interviews.

Has anyone heard anything from any of the Departments?

Anonymous User

Re: Honors Attorney Program 2019-2020 (non-DOJ)

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:16 pm

The DHS has a separate specific thread on this board, I believe. I'm not sure about DOL, but past threads indicate that they interview different candidates at different times.

Anyone heard about FTC or CFPB?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The DHS has a separate specific thread on this board, I believe. I'm not sure about DOL, but past threads indicate that they interview different candidates at different times.

Anyone heard about FTC or CFPB?

Yeah, apparently DHS has started their first round of interviews.
I have not heard from FTC or CFPB

milesmitch89

New

Postby milesmitch89 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:42 pm

Do they typically send out rejection emails? Usually, the federal government is actually kinda good about letting you know when you don't get it. I applied to the DHS honors and haven't heard anything yet

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:04 am

milesmitch89 wrote:Do they typically send out rejection emails? Usually, the federal government is actually kinda good about letting you know when you don't get it. I applied to the DHS honors and haven't heard anything yet

from Avue Community:
We do NOT issue "regrets" notices immediately. This permits components a window of time to verify that their lists are complete. If your status does not change (e.g., continues to read "Application received," then you were not selected to move forward as of that date.

Turkeyturkey

New

Postby Turkeyturkey » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:
milesmitch89 wrote:Do they typically send out rejection emails? Usually, the federal government is actually kinda good about letting you know when you don't get it. I applied to the DHS honors and haven't heard anything yet

from Avue Community:
We do NOT issue "regrets" notices immediately. This permits components a window of time to verify that their lists are complete. If your status does not change (e.g., continues to read "Application received," then you were not selected to move forward as of that date.

Which agency is this for?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:

from Avue Community:

Greetings, all:

I just posted the HP interview selections and issued a detailed (and I mean really detailed) message on how to determine which components selected you and how to schedule your interview.

If your status is unchanged (e.g., continues to read "Application Received"), then you were not, at this time, selected as an interview candidate. It is possible for hiring components to request additional candidates as the process continues - if so, we will notify those individuals directly.

It is possible for informally participating components and for other DOJ organizations to request access to applications at any time during the period that your application remains open. We generally close out the current pool when we open the next application cycle; but we provided candidates for consideration by hiring offices as late as August 2019.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:37 am

FYI,

If you were selected for DOJ, they just posted:

HP Interview Selections Are Posted
Greetings, all:

I just posted the HP interview selections and issued a detailed (and I mean really detailed) message on how to determine which components selected you and how to schedule your interview.

If your status is unchanged (e.g., continues to read "Application Received"), then you were not, at this time, selected as an interview candidate. It is possible for hiring components to request additional candidates as the process continues - if so, we will notify those individuals directly.

It is possible for informally participating components and for other DOJ organizations to request access to applications at any time during the period that your application remains open. We generally close out the current pool when we open the next application cycle; but we provided candidates for consideration by hiring offices as late as August 2019.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:41 am

Anonymous User wrote:FYI,

If you were selected for DOJ, they just posted:

HP Interview Selections Are Posted
Greetings, all:

:oops: not selected

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:30 pm

Following for DOL information. I submitted an application, but don't really understand what happens next. Is there a similar website to the DOJ application where I can get information/updates?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:10 pm

Is there anyone who did an interview with the OCC or received an invitation? I applied in last minute so wonder what's the turnaround time.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:Following for DOL information. I submitted an application, but don't really understand what happens next. Is there a similar website to the DOJ application where I can get information/updates?

There isn’t (it’s much smaller than the DOJ program). DOL interviews through OCI at some schools and then does phone interviews for applications from across the country. I’m pretty sure the phone interviews take place in October (going off past experience). I also think they’re slightly crazy in that they don’t do a second round interview. They usually notify sometime in December (at least, that’s what they state their goal is, sometimes it’s January).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:29 am

Anonymous User wrote:

from Avue Community:

Yeah, this is only for DOJ. Other agencies work differently. I did get rejections from the honors programs, but I think I didn’t get an official rejection from DOL till spring. Most of the others were more timely (though I want to say it was November/December-ish).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:42 pm

Has anyone heard anything from the FTC or CFPB?

jbudz

New

Postby jbudz » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard anything from the FTC or CFPB?

ya i got an invite for a phone interview at CFPB. They said they're interviewing over the next three weeks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:58 pm

Has anyone heard from FDIC or OCC?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:22 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from FDIC or OCC?

Or DOL?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:41 pm

Anyone heard about second round interviews with NSA? Had a telephone interview in September.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from FDIC or OCC?

Or DOL?

I received a request for additional writing samples last week for DOL. But, no word about an interview yet.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:25 pm

EPA honors program is interviewing this year after last year's hiatus. Not sure which groups in OGC are open for assignment yet. If anyone is curious I will post updates.

shenan9944

New

Postby shenan9944 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:EPA honors program is interviewing this year after last year's hiatus. Not sure which groups in OGC are open for assignment yet. If anyone is curious I will post updates.

I'm interested! I never saw a post from EPA on Usajobs.gov and assumed they weren't hiring again. Was the application already due?

Also has anyone heard from Dept of Interior for interviews yet?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:57 pm

I found out about the Honors Programs late in application period, will this harm my chances at getting an interview?

nixy

Gold

Postby nixy » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:26 am

As long as you got the application in before the deadline, you're fine. Usually they don't review/give interviews until after the deadline has passed, so they're working with the complete pool.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:20 am

I think only a few gov intern/clerkship positions are considered on a rolling basis and I don't believe any of the honors programs are on a rolling basis. I did not apply to the EPA honors via the gov portal, they accepted email submissions.

shenan9944

New

Postby shenan9944 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:I think only a few gov intern/clerkship positions are considered on a rolling basis and I don't believe any of the honors programs are on a rolling basis. I did not apply to the EPA honors via the gov portal, they accepted email submissions.

Do you happen to know if the EPA is still accepting email submissions?

Return to “Public Interest & Government?