Market or close to market firms with 1900 billables or less

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
mickey_mouse

Bronze

Re: Market or close to market firms with 1900 billables or less

Postby mickey_mouse » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:As a corollary, wanted to mention that big 4 offers in NYC for JD grads only require 1600-1700 or so hours and come with salary (at least for me) of 120k + 10k (bar passage bonus) + 5k (typical bonus) + 4k (bar prep). I've never heard of an associate in on Saturdays, and many work from home on Fridays. Hours are also lenient for the first few years, apparently.

Are these mostly tax jobs?

Anonymous User

Re: Market or close to market firms with 1900 billables or less

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:00 pm

mickey_mouse wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:As a corollary, wanted to mention that big 4 offers in NYC for JD grads only require 1600-1700 or so hours and come with salary (at least for me) of 120k + 10k (bar passage bonus) + 5k (typical bonus) + 4k (bar prep). I've never heard of an associate in on Saturdays, and many work from home on Fridays. Hours are also lenient for the first few years, apparently.

Are these mostly tax jobs?

Not entirely, but mostly (including mine.) The highest salaries are in M&A and you can expect starting 140k w/ 1800-1900 hours. Most M&A associates are laterals, though there was a minority of 1st years.

Return to “Legal Employment�