UT OCI 2019

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 340601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

UT OCI 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:04 am

I guess I'm starting this one.

Anonymous User
Posts: 340601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UT OCI 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:14 pm

How does everyone feel about initial interview schedule now that it's released?

utls21

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:37 pm

Re: UT OCI 2019

Postby utls21 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:53 pm

I have a feeling that OCI is going to be very interesting this year. It sounds like a fair amount of people did interviews and got offers pre oci this year, so I wonder if hiring from the oci program is going to be down

Anonymous User
Posts: 340601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UT OCI 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:37 pm

utls21 wrote:I have a feeling that OCI is going to be very interesting this year. It sounds like a fair amount of people did interviews and got offers pre oci this year, so I wonder if hiring from the oci program is going to be down


How many people have you spoken to who themselves hold offers? Did 2 callbacks haven't heard back, 2 next week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 340601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UT OCI 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
utls21 wrote:I have a feeling that OCI is going to be very interesting this year. It sounds like a fair amount of people did interviews and got offers pre oci this year, so I wonder if hiring from the oci program is going to be down


How many people have you spoken to who themselves hold offers? Did 2 callbacks haven't heard back, 2 next week.


Off the top off my head, I can think of 3 that certifiably hold offers, although I haven't talked to a ton of people. I can think of 7 off the top of my head that have at least done pre oci callbacks. I personally hold 2 offers and have done 5 callbacks in the last 2 weeks. I think there is still going to be plenty of jobs at OCI, I just think it may not be the as big as it has been in years past

texaslaw2021

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:33 pm

Re: UT OCI 2019

Postby texaslaw2021 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
utls21 wrote:I have a feeling that OCI is going to be very interesting this year. It sounds like a fair amount of people did interviews and got offers pre oci this year, so I wonder if hiring from the oci program is going to be down


How many people have you spoken to who themselves hold offers? Did 2 callbacks haven't heard back, 2 next week.


Off the top off my head, I can think of 3 that certifiably hold offers, although I haven't talked to a ton of people. I can think of 7 off the top of my head that have at least done pre oci callbacks. I personally hold 2 offers and have done 5 callbacks in the last 2 weeks. I think there is still going to be plenty of jobs at OCI, I just think it may not be the as big as it has been in years past


Same here, I've gotten offers from two firms in Houston. I've heard several others as well. So far I've heard about offers from V&E, Baker Botts, Akin Gump, Latham, among others. Note: This doesn't include people who got a return offer from their 1L SA, just fresh faces applying.

Most of the CB requests I've heard about came from the Law Review selection process.

Anonymous User
Posts: 340601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UT OCI 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:44 pm

could you please list the other firms that you've heard about?

Anonymous User
Posts: 340601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UT OCI 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:16 pm

Can anyone confirm CB's received? So far Orrick and STB.

Anonymous User
Posts: 340601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UT OCI 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Can anyone confirm CB's received? So far Orrick and STB.


I'm 1/12 on callbacks to screeners. I don't know if I'm bombing or if firms are just taking some time (my one callback was day of.) I'm uncomfortable sharing the firm, but it's not unlike STB or Orrick.

Anonymous User
Posts: 340601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UT OCI 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:09 pm

Any word on callbacks/offers from the following Dallas offices: Locke Lord, JD, V&E, or Jackson Walker?

Anonymous User
Posts: 340601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UT OCI 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:44 pm

LL Dallas CB
Heard about a V&E Dallas CB
Just got a JW (Austin) ding

Anonymous User
Posts: 340601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UT OCI 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:38 pm

Any word about callbacks/offers from Baker Botts?

Anonymous User
Posts: 340601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UT OCI 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:51 pm

I received a CB call on last week.

At this point, virtually all firms that are doing CBs have already made their calls. Most firms have already handed out offers as well (though there are still spots up for grabs on that front, especially if your CB is later in the OCI process).

Anonymous User
Posts: 340601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UT OCI 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:51 pm

Has anyone heard about offers from Locke Lord (Dallas)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 340601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UT OCI 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:54 pm

Anyone know how quickly V&E Houston is from CB to offer?



Return to “Legal Employment�

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.