Exit Options for State Prosecutor

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
kcam1991

Bronze

Exit Options for State Prosecutor

Postby kcam1991 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:13 pm

What are the typical exit options for a state prosecutor in a major city?

objctnyrhnr

Re: Exit Options for State Prosecutor

Postby objctnyrhnr » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:57 pm

kcam1991 wrote:What are the typical exit options for a state prosecutor in a major city?

You need to provide a bit more experience about your time as a prosecutor: how long were you there, how many trials, how many appeals, GJ work y/n, white collar work, how good was your law school, did you clerk?

Anonymous User

Re: Exit Options for State Prosecutor

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:33 pm

kcam1991 wrote:What are the typical exit options for a state prosecutor in a major city?

Best way to find out is to do a LinkedIn search for former Prosecutors that have worked out of your office to see where they landed. I do that for all my jobs I've worked, real interesting to see where people land. Some of it will really surprise you.

Some of it goes right against common TLS knowledge. I've seen career paths from from document review to paralegal to in-house counsel at a top tech company (and person was not out of a top school). Or unranked law school to legal recruiter to cushy, well-paying government gig in a rich municipality. It can be much more telling than the general advice you get off law forums.

But generally advice you'll read here will b most often they leaving to a criminal defense firm or go solo. Otherwise, insurance defense and other litigation firms, midsize firms in litigation department. Sometimes the Federal Government.

Return to “Legal Employment�