AUSA Final Round Interview

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
AUSAHopeful

New

AUSA Final Round Interview

Postby AUSAHopeful » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:15 am

Hi All,

Later this week, I have a final round interview for an AUSA position, where I will be interviewing with the United States Attorney. I know that the interview is not a pro forma interview, but I'm not sure what additional preparation, if any, is needed. Does anyone have any insights into how final round interviews are generally structured, and, more specifically, how the questions asked at this stage differ from the questions asked in the earlier rounds?

Thanks in advance for any insights you may have.

gaddockteeg

Bronze

Re: AUSA Final Round Interview

Postby gaddockteeg » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:36 pm

Obviously depends on the USA. Do you know anyone in the office?

Generally speaking though, the interview with the USA is going to be pretty lax and behavioral -- as opposed to the other rounds which are more adversarial and substantive.

edit: I'll add that I've been to two different final round interviews with the USA before, different districts but both in 9th cir. Both were behavioral but one was specifically more interested in a particular aspect of my past experience and really seemed to focus on that.

Return to “Legal Employment�