Part-time graduate school during first year of practice Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Jedacruz

New

Part-time graduate school during first year of practice

Post by Jedacruz » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:42 pm

I have a somewhat unique circumstance and I'll be finishing up the last few classes and the final year internship of an MSW following law school. Is it possible to work as a lawyer, assuming I get a job during law school, while finishing part-time studies in a not very demanding graduate program.

For context, I'll be graduating from BU law.

Guchster

Silver

Re: Part-time graduate school during first year of practice

Post by Guchster » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:00 pm

Jedacruz wrote:I have a somewhat unique circumstance and I'll be finishing up the last few classes and the final year internship of an MSW following law school. Is it possible to work as a lawyer, assuming I get a job during law school, while finishing part-time studies in a not very demanding graduate program.

For context, I'll be graduating from BU law.
I think its definitely possible. Depending on what kind of law firm you end up at, you'll probably be running on fumes, but given that it's not very demanding and will probably have its own deadlines, I imagine it will give you an outlet and some semblance of a life outside of the law.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”