Should I follow up? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonesq

New

Should I follow up?

Post by Anonesq » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:45 pm

I’ll try to keep this short-

I interviewed with a mid-sized firm in my market with around 80-100 attorneys. I met with a senior partner of the firm about a month ago. I followed up 2 weeks ago and he said he was impressed with me and will try to find a place for me. But he also needed approval from the other partners.

There is another partner in the firm who has been advocating for me a lot. She has been very responsive.

Should I follow up with the partner who has been advocating for me?

I just don’t want to come off as being a pest but the silence is killing me....

Thanks all.

rcharter1978

Gold

Re: Should I follow up?

Post by rcharter1978 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:28 pm

I guess I can't see how a follow up would hurt. Maybe give it another week, but either they don't want you and then you'll know or they are still interested and they will know you're interested too. IMO.

QContinuum

Re: Should I follow up?

Post by QContinuum » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:22 am

I think a second follow-up indicating your continued interest is helpful, since it's been two weeks since you last heard from them. But I wouldn't follow up a third time after this (unless they expressly ask you to check in again).

Best of luck!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”