Bar Application C&F Question Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Bar Application C&F Question

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:32 pm

Hey all, I'm freaking out a little bit - just realized I might have a potential C&F issue in my bar application. On reviewing my law school applications, I realized I accidentally misstated the dates of one of my employments such that it appeared I worked there for a year longer than I did.

I was applying straight through from undergrad, so the position wasn't anything special - it was a tutoring position I had done for a year but accidentally listed the year I started one year earlier than I actually did. It was my most recent position so I had it as (201X - Present) when it should have been (201(X+1) - Present).

Is this the kind of thing that might be a problem? I plan on disclosing the discrepancy in my bar application, and contacting my law school as soon as possible (already graduated, but still think that's the right call).

QContinuum

Re: Bar Application C&F Question

Post by QContinuum » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:18 pm

I can't imagine this would bar your admission. Your proposed plan of attack is spot on. Contact your law school, and I'm sure they'll be happy to indicate that you would still have been offered admission if you had accurately stated the length of your tutoring gig. That should be sufficient for bar C&F.

Anonymous User

Re: Bar Application C&F Question

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:56 am

QContinuum wrote:I can't imagine this would bar your admission. Your proposed plan of attack is spot on. Contact your law school, and I'm sure they'll be happy to indicate that you would still have been offered admission if you had accurately stated the length of your tutoring gig. That should be sufficient for bar C&F.
Thanks, that's good to hear. One good thing is that that in some of my other law school applications, they asked for my employment information in separate questions and I provided the right dates there, so that would cut against the notion that it might have been intentional.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”