Lateral Callback Success Rate Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Lateral Callback Success Rate

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:45 pm

For those who have lateraled, what was your interview to offer ratio? Trying to figure out chances of success once you get to the final round interview as a lateral as compared to say, an SA interview. I'm sure it depends on the firm, practice group, need, and the candidate's background, seniority, interview skills, etc., but some data points would be helpful.

objctnyrhnr

Re: Lateral Callback Success Rate

Post by objctnyrhnr » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:02 am

Midlevel biglaw lit, somewhat major market. Went 1 for 3 second round interviews.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun May 05, 2019 11:38 pm

I’ve gone 3 for 20. It’s a lot more difficult than an SA. You’re going into a specific group and the people you’re interviewing with have to like you more, tbh. 10 of the 17 I didn’t get didn’t end up hiring anyone.

Edit to add: the 20 callbacks span multiple markets and almost a year of interviews.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 06, 2019 2:13 am

Junior biglaw in corporate practice in major non-NYC market. 4 for 5 with two of the offers given during the same day as the callback, one given a week after, and the last one came a month after the callback. All for the same market that I'm currently working in. Compared to SA, these callbacks were generally longer, ranging from 3 to 5 hours plus lunch or dinner, usually. Lateral search period was about 2 months.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 06, 2019 1:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Junior biglaw in corporate practice in major non-NYC market. 4 for 5 with two of the offers given during the same day as the callback, one given a week after, and the last one came a month after the callback. All for the same market that I'm currently working in. Compared to SA, these callbacks were generally longer, ranging from 3 to 5 hours plus lunch or dinner, usually. Lateral search period was about 2 months.
Are there any firms with a reputation for giving same-day offers?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”