Kellogg Hansen Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Kellogg Hansen

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:49 pm

Can anyone say much about Kellogg? There's surprisingly little discussion of it on this board beyond the long hours requirement. I have a callback coming up and just trying to get a sense of areas to ask about etc.

Thanks.

Anonymous User

Re: Kellogg Hansen

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:28 pm

Also have a callback and also would like to hear the inside scoop on Kellogg (especially if anyone knows anything about the number of hours junior associates work). Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:41 pm

I get the impression from a couple friends there that 2500 (+/- one or two hundred) is not uncommon. That makes sense to me - you don’t get paid that far above market if you’re only working a little above market.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I get the impression from a couple friends there that 2500 (+/- one or two hundred) is not uncommon. That makes sense to me - you don’t get paid that far above market if you’re only working a little above market.
That's something I'm not even sure about anymore. Their clerkship bonus is really high, but on Vault it suggests that bonuses are market-ish (potentially lower), not the six figures of the past. And the base salary is only moderately above Cravath on average (below at points).

Third person with a callback interested in more.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:54 pm

There isn’t much information on the site because it’s incredibly difficult to get a job there and very few people have likely worked there; those that do are not about to reveal the confidences of the firm.

I interviewed there after my clerkships but wound up not going to DC. It seemed great if you want to do bread and butter commercial trial work with some boutique appellate partners. But you couldn’t craft an entire appellate practice there whereas that might be conceivable at somewhere like Gibson or Wilmer (if you have the right credentials).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:46 pm

To any of the posters above who have interviews scheduled with Kellogg, do you mind sharing when (roughly) you first sent in your applications? I sent mine in a few weeks back when I received their letter inviting me to apply, but I never heard back. I assume they decided my grades weren't quite high enough, but I'm just curious about your timeline. Any insight into their process would be appreciated.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:To any of the posters above who have interviews scheduled with Kellogg, do you mind sharing when (roughly) you first sent in your applications? I sent mine in a few weeks back when I received their letter inviting me to apply, but I never heard back. I assume they decided my grades weren't quite high enough, but I'm just curious about your timeline. Any insight into their process would be appreciated.
I applied early December, booked callback early January.

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:48 am

For people considering Kellogg, don’t forget to look at salary compression. I looked into the a while ago, and though their starting comp is higher than other boutiques, I think by mid level time, you don’t make as much as other boutique associates.

Not sure if that’s still true or whether their bonuses are so astronomically high that they cover the difference vs firms like Keker.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:36 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:For people considering Kellogg, don’t forget to look at salary compression. I looked into the a while ago, and though their starting comp is higher than other boutiques, I think by mid level time, you don’t make as much as other boutique associates.

Not sure if that’s still true or whether their bonuses are so astronomically high that they cover the difference vs firms like Keker.
They used to just have a flat $275k + bonus (which apparently scaled with year, but the amount reported changed a lot). ATL reported they changed to a graduated amount in August, although still unknown what the bonuses are.

https://abovethelaw.com/2018/08/litigat ... ary-scale/

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:31 pm

For those having/had callbacks, how long until you got a response?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”