Looking for In-House Jobs

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Looking for In-House Jobs

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:14 pm

I'm hoping to move in-house in the next 6-12 months. (the sooner the better) Outside of general networking (which I'm already doing), what's the best way to find in-house jobs? Do legal recruiters do anything with in-house gigs? Or are job-posting sites & employer websites the best option?

LaLiLuLeLo

Silver

Re: Looking for In-House Jobs

Postby LaLiLuLeLo » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:18 pm

I check goinhouse and indeed pretty much every day.

nealric

Postby nealric » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm hoping to move in-house in the next 6-12 months. (the sooner the better) Outside of general networking (which I'm already doing), what's the best way to find in-house jobs? Do legal recruiters do anything with in-house gigs? Or are job-posting sites & employer websites the best option?

Be careful of recruiters for going in-house. We could not even consider recruiter-submitted applications (HR policy) when we last hired.

Guchster

Silver

Postby Guchster » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm hoping to move in-house in the next 6-12 months. (the sooner the better) Outside of general networking (which I'm already doing), what's the best way to find in-house jobs? Do legal recruiters do anything with in-house gigs? Or are job-posting sites & employer websites the best option?

Linkedin, laterally, goinhouse, indeed, glassdoor were my go-tos. The most effective route was referrals from connections (classmates, friends, and former colleagues) who were able to either send my resume to the relevant contact or ask for it to be fished out of a huge pile.

shock259

Gold

Postby shock259 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:17 pm

Websites people mentioned + networking. Go on Linkedin in your area, look for lawyers that are inhouse in your area, particularly younger ones, and reach out to those you have a connection to (law school, undergrad, whatever). Most folks are happy to sit down for coffee. Ask about their job, get to know them, and ask them to connect you to other people or keep you in mind if something opens up. Network, network network.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:37 pm

Question on laterally: by merely signing up, does laterally get a referral fee if you get a job they have listed? Even if I didn't go through the website? I.e., I sign up just to check it out, then apply on my own off the firm's website without any other interaction with laterally. Does the firm have to pay?

Trying to determine if signing up will close doors by requiring any firm they work with to pay a referral fee

Return to “Legal Employment�