Awesome Interview Moments. Questions asked and responses given? Share your experiences & tricks! Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Ohnt

New

Awesome Interview Moments. Questions asked and responses given? Share your experiences & tricks!

Post by Ohnt » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:44 am

Hi guys, let’s start a thread on great interview moments. Share and let’s learn!

Anonymous User

Re: Awesome Interview Moments. Questions asked and responses given? Share your experiences & tricks!

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:14 pm

OCI screener, partner has a relatively, but not overly aggressive questioning style, but I answer adequately all his questions and so we're having a perfectly fine (not amazing) interview. As time runs out, he exclaims that he has way too many applicants and resumes and asks me "what do you want me to remember about you?" I reply immediately, "Remember my name." I then give my 15 sec. elevator pitch of how [my name] represents all of these good qualities and how if you hire [my name] those are the qualities you will be hiring." He says smiles and says good answer. Later that night I get a CB voicemail, beginning with "Hey, [my name] I remembered your name!"

Anonymous User

Re: Awesome Interview Moments. Questions asked and responses given? Share your experiences & tricks!

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:11 pm

Not a specific moment per se, but my interview for my current job stands out in that my interviewers (now supervisors) kept repeating back to me phrases I used in my answers to many of the interview questions, etc.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:35 pm

Best:

OCI screener. Partner ran late and came in with 5 minutes left in the scheduled session. "Sorry I was really late! Like Texas?" "Sure!" "Ok you have a call back."

Worst:

Callback at firm. Hiring partner turns around in the chair and grab a bottle from the bookshelf behind him and take a sip, from the bottle, appears to be scotch. Then says "soooo how is your day going?" This was about 10am.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”