[Job Opening] Boston Big Law - Looking for laterals with 1-3 years experience Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

[Job Opening] Boston Big Law - Looking for laterals with 1-3 years experience

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:02 pm

I work at a great firm that's looking for more people and I'm gunning for a referral bonus. Send me a PM if you have the drive, the credentials and the interest, and I'll make the introduction.

Anonymous User

Re: [Job Opening] Boston Big Law - Looking for laterals with 1-3 years experience

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I work at a great firm that's looking for more people and I'm gunning for a referral bonus. Send me a PM if you have the drive, the credentials and the interest, and I'll make the introduction.
I’ll send you an app in a few months if your firm is still hiring then. I applied with a recruiter and got denied pretty quickly, and not sure why. I’m pretty sure I have the credentials considering the makeup of the office and the firm in general.

Anonymous User

Re: [Job Opening] Boston Big Law - Looking for laterals with 1-3 years experience

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:41 pm

This is actually a really good idea. I think that we should have a section where TLSers help other TLSers get lateral jobs. It's better to apply through someone and a lot of times we are frustrated with recruiters and/or its not advantageous to use one at our level. Genius.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:I work at a great firm that's looking for more people and I'm gunning for a referral bonus. Send me a PM if you have the drive, the credentials and the interest, and I'll make the introduction.
I am in California and would love to make the move, but I assume you are looking for someone who is licensed in MA and not CA.

PurpleOctopus

New

Post by PurpleOctopus » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:54 am

I’m not sure how to pm an anonymous user. Could you pm me? Thanks for posting!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

negativefeedback

New

Post by negativefeedback » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:
I am in California and would love to make the move, but I assume you are looking for someone who is licensed in MA and not CA.
Send me a PM.

PurpleOctopus

New

Post by PurpleOctopus » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:31 pm

Thanks for PM, I cannot respond to you or compose a new PM because I am a new user. I am not the CA poster either. Could you PM me with an email I can contact you with? Thanks again

soxfan122

New

Post by soxfan122 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:55 pm

I am very interested. Any chance there are openings in litigation?

Please PM me with contact info. I am also a newly registered user and cannot PM yet.

Thanks for mentioning this!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:46 pm

Any additional information you can give? Like, what group?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

legalpotato

Bronze

Post by legalpotato » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:22 pm

Sorry to be the dick, but I think this is in incredibly poor taste. How can you possibly vouch for anyone here? I guess it could have been worse - you could have offered to split your referral bonus.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:58 pm

legalpotato wrote:Sorry to be the dick, but I think this is in incredibly poor taste. How can you possibly vouch for anyone here? I guess it could have been worse - you could have offered to split your referral bonus.
Fair question, but I wouldn't recommend just about anyone. I'll talk to the people who are interested, get to know them, review their credentials, and only refer people who I think are right for the job. We all get hired with just 1-2 interviews and a look at our resumes. The ultimate call is going to be by someone who is trusting his gut when he's impressed, and I'll do the same thing when referring someone for the job.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
legalpotato wrote:Sorry to be the dick, but I think this is in incredibly poor taste. How can you possibly vouch for anyone here? I guess it could have been worse - you could have offered to split your referral bonus.
Fair question, but I wouldn't recommend just about anyone. I'll talk to the people who are interested, get to know them, review their credentials, and only refer people who I think are right for the job. We all get hired with just 1-2 interviews and a look at our resumes. The ultimate call is going to be by someone who is trusting his gut when he's impressed, and I'll do the same thing when referring someone for the job.
How do I PM you?

negativefeedback

New

Post by negativefeedback » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
How do I PM you?
PM me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”