Summer Classes 2019 Edition

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 331275
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Classes 2019 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any update? Also curious of this year’s post acceptance /holiday gift


SRZ sent Kindles.


Did the kindle just arrive for you? (Also at SRZ)

Anonymous User
Posts: 331275
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Classes 2019 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any update? Also curious of this year’s post acceptance /holiday gift


SRZ sent Kindles.


Did the kindle just arrive for you? (Also at SRZ)


Yes it said it was mailed Monday or Tuesday through Fedex. I'm in a big city so usually get stuff very quickly.

Anonymous User
Posts: 331275
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Classes 2019 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:09 pm

PW info coming out in January.

Anonymous User
Posts: 331275
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Classes 2019 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So jealous of these Patagonias...anyone have any of the Houston offices?


Latham did Patagonia’s firmwide last year

Anonymous User
Posts: 331275
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Classes 2019 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So jealous of these Patagonias...anyone have any of the Houston offices?


Latham did Patagonia’s firmwide last year

Winston sent Dylan's candy.

Anonymous User
Posts: 331275
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Classes 2019 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any update? Also curious of this year’s post acceptance /holiday gift


SRZ sent Kindles.


Did the kindle just arrive for you? (Also at SRZ)


Yes it said it was mailed Monday or Tuesday through Fedex. I'm in a big city so usually get stuff very quickly.


We were also asked for sweatshirt sizes, so I wonder if we'll get those too or if they didn't have time to get them custom made and opted for kindles instead?

Anonymous User
Posts: 331275
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Classes 2019 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:20 pm

Cadwalader (NY):

CLS- 1
NYU - 1
UPenn - 1
U Michigan - 3
USC- 1
GULC -2
BC - 1
Fordham - 3
American - 1
Rutgers- 1
Brooklyn- 2
NYLS - 2

Total= 19

Offer Gift: backpack and notebook
Holiday Gift: Patagonia vests
Start Date: May 20 (10 weeks as opposed to 11 in past years)

Anonymous User
Posts: 331275
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Classes 2019 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any update? Also curious of this year’s post acceptance /holiday gift


SRZ sent Kindles.


Did the kindle just arrive for you? (Also at SRZ)


Yes it said it was mailed Monday or Tuesday through Fedex. I'm in a big city so usually get stuff very quickly.


We were also asked for sweatshirt sizes, so I wonder if we'll get those too or if they didn't have time to get them custom made and opted for kindles instead?


Yeah I was wondering the same thing, but maybe they’ll just hold off the sweatshirts until orientation or something.

Anonymous User
Posts: 331275
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Classes 2019 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:11 pm

covington anyone?

NYCounsel

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 10:45 pm

Re: Summer Classes 2019 Edition

Postby NYCounsel » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:24 am

So, based on this thread the following firms have released their 2019 Summer Classes.

Boise Schiller
Cadwalader
Cravath
Hogan Lovells
Kirkland & Ellis
Latham & Watkins
White & Case
WilmerHale
Winston & Strawn

Do you think this means that their 1L class has also been filled, assuming they hire 1L SAs?

BrainsyK

Bronze
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:37 am

Re: Summer Classes 2019 Edition

Postby BrainsyK » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:18 pm

NYCounsel wrote:So, based on this thread the following firms have released their 2019 Summer Classes.

Boise Schiller
Cadwalader
Cravath
Hogan Lovells
Kirkland & Ellis
Latham & Watkins
White & Case
WilmerHale
Winston & Strawn

Do you think this means that their 1L class has also been filled, assuming they hire 1L SAs?


I think 2019 summer recruiting for 1Ls is ongoing. No?

dknightisyoung

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:31 am

Re: Summer Classes 2019 Edition

Postby dknightisyoung » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:32 am

BrainsyK wrote:
NYCounsel wrote:So, based on this thread the following firms have released their 2019 Summer Classes.

Boise Schiller
Cadwalader
Cravath
Hogan Lovells
Kirkland & Ellis
Latham & Watkins
White & Case
WilmerHale
Winston & Strawn

Do you think this means that their 1L class has also been filled, assuming they hire 1L SAs?


I think 2019 summer recruiting for 1Ls is ongoing. No?


Yup they hire 1Ls even through April but typically send out interview invites a week after you submit your transcript.

Anonymous User
Posts: 331275
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Classes 2019 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:45 am

Jones Day Chicago:

U Chicago (4)
Northwestern (3)
Notre Dame (3)
Illinois (3)
Michigan (2)
Indiana (2)
Penn (1)
UVA (1)
Georgetown (1)
Ohio State (1)
John Marshall (1)

Anonymous User
Posts: 331275
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Classes 2019 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:37 pm

Bumping. Any updates?

Anonymous User
Posts: 331275
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Classes 2019 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:22 pm

WLRK

Yale: 6
Harvard: 7
Stanford: 3
Columbia: 7
Chicago: 4
NYU: 6
Penn: 1
Berkeley: 2
Michigan: 1

Anonymous User
Posts: 331275
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Classes 2019 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:20 pm

Ropes sent out onboarding info but it looks like they BCC'd everyone so can't tell composition.

Jealous of these patagonia law firm gifts... do 1Ls get gifts too?

Anonymous User
Posts: 331275
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Classes 2019 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:41 pm

STB Houston

Yale (1)
Northwestern (1)
Cornell (2)
Georgetown (1)
Texas (3)
UCLA (1)
Iowa (1)

10 total

ZVBXRPL

Silver
Posts: 587
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Summer Classes 2019 Edition

Postby ZVBXRPL » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:57 am

Anonymous User wrote:Ropes sent out onboarding info but it looks like they BCC'd everyone so can't tell composition.

Jealous of these patagonia law firm gifts... do 1Ls get gifts too?

Jealous of Patagonia? I'm jealous of 1L SA!

Anonymous User
Posts: 331275
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Classes 2019 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:23 pm

Skadden Chicago (18)

Michigan 2
Harvard 2
Chicago 5
Kent 1
Northwestern 5
Illinois 1
Virginia 1
Minnesota 1

Anonymous User
Posts: 331275
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Classes 2019 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:43 pm

WSGR - 90 Total;

Berkeley - 6
Boston College - 5
Boston University - 1
BYU - 3
Columbia - 1
Cornell - 4
Duke -2
Fordham - 1
Georgetown - 8
GMU - 6
Harvard - 3
Hastings - 4
Mich. State - 1
Northwestern - 3
NYU - 1
Santa Clara - 4
Stanford - 2
U. Chicago - 6
Texas - 3
Washington - 5
UC Davis - 3
UC Irvine - 1
UCLA - 4
UNC - 1
USC - 3
USD - 4
USF - 1
UVA - 4
Yale -1

Anonymous User
Posts: 331275
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Classes 2019 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:23 pm

Anyone have Baker Botts?

Side note: Anyone happen to know of firms that have allowed splits between offices? Particularly NYC and a secondary

Anonymous User
Posts: 331275
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Classes 2019 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:54 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have Baker Botts?


BB NYC:

Cardozo - 1
BC - 1
Duke - 1
Fordham - 2
Michigan- 1
NW - 2
NYU - 1
St. John’s - 1
UCLA - 1
Vanderbilt- 1
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 331275
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Classes 2019 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:47 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have Baker Botts?

Side note: Anyone happen to know of firms that have allowed splits between offices? Particularly NYC and a secondary



WGM

Anonymous User
Posts: 331275
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Classes 2019 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:01 pm

Irell & Manella:

Columbia 2
Harvard 3
Yale 1
Michigan 1
UC Irvine 1
UChicago 1
Northwestern 1
UCLA 4

Anonymous User
Posts: 331275
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Summer Classes 2019 Edition

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:01 am

BB Washington

American
GW
Georgetown
Florida
Duke

Offer Gift: Swell Water Bottle
Holiday Gift: Rain Jacket



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.