Summer Before Tax LLM

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
WanyeKest

New

Summer Before Tax LLM

Postby WanyeKest » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:03 pm

What do people, who have graduated from law school in the Spring, usually do the Summer before starting the Tax LLM program in the Fall at one of the big 3 LLM programs? Take the bar in my home state or state where the program is, or find a summer clerkship/Internship/or summer associate role (if possible)?

I am still searching for tax related jobs at the moment as a 3L, but was curious that if I decided to go down the Tax LLM route, what I should be doing the summer before.

nealric

Re: Summer Before Tax LLM

Postby nealric » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:25 pm

WanyeKest wrote:What do people, who have graduated from law school in the Spring, usually do the Summer before starting the Tax LLM program in the Fall at one of the big 3 LLM programs? Take the bar in my home state or state where the program is, or find a summer clerkship/Internship/or summer associate role (if possible)?

I am still searching for tax related jobs at the moment as a 3L, but was curious that if I decided to go down the Tax LLM route, what I should be doing the summer before.

I did DOJ SLIP Tax section during this period. If you can find a summer job, I think it's worth doing. 2-3 weeks of full time bar study should do it as long as your summer job is pretty 9-5 and you can put in a good 3-4 hours outside of working time.

Return to “Legal Employment�