NYU TAX LLM JOB SEARCH

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 327269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

NYU TAX LLM JOB SEARCH

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:25 pm

I figured we could get a thread going for Tax LL.M. people to post about their job search progress. Have people had OCI callbacks, and if so, any offers? Also, has anyone gotten anything from the resume books?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU TAX LLM JOB SEARCH

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:18 pm

Some people got offers from the early OCI firms. Some people have callbacks this/next week for KPMG and PwC.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU TAX LLM JOB SEARCH

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:44 pm

I know at least one person that got a callback from both KPMG and PwC already. Nothing specifically for Washington National one way or another but NY PwC/KPMG boat for this semester seems to be sailing fast if it hasn’t totally sailed already.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU TAX LLM JOB SEARCH

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I know at least one person that got a callback from both KPMG and PwC already. Nothing specifically for Washington National one way or another but NY PwC/KPMG boat for this semester seems to be sailing fast if it hasn’t totally sailed already.


I have callbacks for both in NYC M&A offices. I know a few that also have both but in different offices/practice areas.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU TAX LLM JOB SEARCH

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I know at least one person that got a callback from both KPMG and PwC already. Nothing specifically for Washington National one way or another but NY PwC/KPMG boat for this semester seems to be sailing fast if it hasn’t totally sailed already.


I have callbacks for both in NYC M&A offices. I know a few that also have both but in different offices/practice areas.


What were your JD stats/employment like if you don't mind sharing?

Also, heard anything about NY Int Tax?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU TAX LLM JOB SEARCH

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:55 am

I know of a couple people who have received non-NY/DC KPMG callbacks. Also heard of some firms that didn't participate in OCI setting up interviews.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU TAX LLM JOB SEARCH

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:54 pm

I know some people already got offers for various offices and divisions for KPMG and PwC so I think it's pretty much over for this semester.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU TAX LLM JOB SEARCH

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I know some people already got offers for various offices and divisions for KPMG and PwC so I think it's pretty much over for this semester.


I can confirm this as well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU TAX LLM JOB SEARCH

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:46 pm

Does anyone know if the salary went up in NY? A friend of mine received an offer in a secondary market and s/he said the salary seemed low (I believe it was $95k). We had heard that people in Atlanta and Texas were getting offers around $110k last year, so just wondering if something is off here? Also, it was for ITS

Anonymous User
Posts: 327269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU TAX LLM JOB SEARCH

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:14 pm

I got any offer for NYC. Don’t have details yet. Some friends also got offers in secondary markets and also no details on $.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU TAX LLM JOB SEARCH

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I got any offer for NYC. Don’t have details yet. Some friends also got offers in secondary markets and also no details on $.


How long after CB did you get offer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU TAX LLM JOB SEARCH

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:01 pm

CB Wednesday and offer today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU TAX LLM JOB SEARCH

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:09 pm

Please let us know what the offers look like when you get them =)

Anonymous User
Posts: 327269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU TAX LLM JOB SEARCH

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:20 am

Any biglaw movement from the resume book? I've heard some CBs were scheduled, but don't have any more info.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU TAX LLM JOB SEARCH

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:29 pm

Offers from both KPMG and PwC in M&A NY. Callback with KPMG Wednesday and with PWC Friday. Got both calls on friday

Anonymous User
Posts: 327269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU TAX LLM JOB SEARCH

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Offers from both KPMG and PwC in M&A NY. Callback with KPMG Wednesday and with PWC Friday. Got both calls on friday


Congrats. Any word on how many they expect to take? Are you leaning towards 1 over the other? I liked PwC office, but the personalities of KPMG better.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU TAX LLM JOB SEARCH

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Offers from both KPMG and PwC in M&A NY. Callback with KPMG Wednesday and with PWC Friday. Got both calls on friday


Congrats. Any word on how many they expect to take? Are you leaning towards 1 over the other? I liked PwC office, but the personalities of KPMG better.


Thanks! I'm leaning PwC. No clue how many they are taking though.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU TAX LLM JOB SEARCH

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:33 pm

Mind sharing what the offers look like?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU TAX LLM JOB SEARCH

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:44 pm

Numbers not confirmed.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

WanyeKest

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:43 pm

Re: NYU TAX LLM JOB SEARCH

Postby WanyeKest » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:22 am

Don't mean to change the topic, but really quickly could you guys let me know what people who are doing the LLM currently did during the summer before the program if they went straight from law school? Take the bar or clerk/intern? If they took the bar in a certain state, would that limit their opportunities in other states (say took bar exam in TX but want to keep NY and DC options open)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU TAX LLM JOB SEARCH

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:46 pm

WanyeKest wrote:Don't mean to change the topic, but really quickly could you guys let me know what people who are doing the LLM currently did during the summer before the program if they went straight from law school? Take the bar or clerk/intern? If they took the bar in a certain state, would that limit their opportunities in other states (say took bar exam in TX but want to keep NY and DC options open)?


I didn’t go straight through, but I am not barred in NY. I have had a few interviews here, and they don’t really seem to care that I am barred elsewhere.

WanyeKest

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:43 pm

Re: NYU TAX LLM JOB SEARCH

Postby WanyeKest » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:28 pm

That makes sense, thanks for posting!

Anonymous User
Posts: 327269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU TAX LLM JOB SEARCH

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:04 pm

Bump into this. Anyone knows what EY transaction tax super day interview is like?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327269
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU TAX LLM JOB SEARCH

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:32 pm

The big4 superday interviews consist of a 30-45 minute presentation about the firm, three to four interviews, sometimes an office tour, and then group lunch with associates. The interviews are one-on-one. You're in a group for the presentation, office tour, and lunch.



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.