Recruiter vs. Friend vs. Direct Apply Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Recruiter vs. Friend vs. Direct Apply

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:05 pm

I'm looking to make a lateral move and there's a job posting at a big firm i'm very interested in. I have a classmate at the firm in a different practice group who would like to submit me, and she happens to know two partners in the group I'd be applying to. My recruiter has also offered to submit me for the position.

What should I do? Direct apply vs. go through friend vs. go through recruiter?

whats an updog

Bronze

Re: Recruiter vs. Friend vs. Direct Apply

Post by whats an updog » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:12 pm

Absolutely go through the friend. Probably has the best chance of success. In fact, many firms will pay your friend thousands of dollars in bonus if they end up hiring you and you stay for some period of time.

Anonymous User

Re: Recruiter vs. Friend vs. Direct Apply

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:51 pm

Always go through a friend if you can. The firm has to pay a recruiter a fee equal to like 1/3 of salary. Bonuses to associates are usually in the 10-20k range

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”