Any firms still looking for 2019 summer associate? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Any firms still looking for 2019 summer associate?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:27 pm

It seems like the wave for summer associate recruitment has passed. My school's job board has nearly no postings for 2019 summer associate positions. I wonder if people from the other law schools might want to share if they see postings from biglaws.

Congratulations to all of you who have received offers!

nasra234

New

Re: Any firms still looking for 2019 summer associate?

Post by nasra234 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It seems like the wave for summer associate recruitment has passed. My school's job board has nearly no postings for 2019 summer associate positions. I wonder if people from the other law schools might want to share if they see postings from biglaws.

From my experience, there will be some firms with some available SA positions at around this time but you won't ordinarily know that from looking at job postings. Normally, you're only going to hear about them through personal connections or from those career services offices which those firms decide to inform about these openings.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:38 am

nasra234 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:It seems like the wave for summer associate recruitment has passed. My school's job board has nearly no postings for 2019 summer associate positions. I wonder if people from the other law schools might want to share if they see postings from biglaws.

From my experience, there will be some firms with some available SA positions at around this time but you won't ordinarily know that from looking at job postings. Normally, you're only going to hear about them through personal connections or from those career services offices which those firms decide to inform about these openings.
Duke 2L here. This seems right, we haven’t had any job posting for any Vault firms for weeks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:13 pm

V&E was looking for a few associates as of Friday.

JohnnieSockran

Bronze

Post by JohnnieSockran » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:42 pm

PM me. My firm is hiring. What market are you interested in and what practice group?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BirdLawExpert2020

New

Post by BirdLawExpert2020 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:12 pm

JohnnieSockran wrote:

PM me. My firm is hiring. What market are you interested in and what practice group?
Could you possibly send me a PM, JohnnieSockran? I'm also still looking for a SA, but it seems like TLS isn't letting me initiate PM convos given that my account is relatively new. Thanks!

panda11011

New

Post by panda11011 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:28 pm

I'm feeling the same way...I've sent out 200 mass mail applications for NYC firms and have only gotten 30 rejections so far. No screeners or callbacks. Hoping it's not totally over. Anyone have any recent luck?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”