Timeline for big law laterals? Interviews, applications, offers, etc

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 325753
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Timeline for big law laterals? Interviews, applications, offers, etc

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:How soon is too soon to reach out to check in after a final interview? Things moved VERY quickly up to this interview and it felt like it went really well. The interview was oddly casual.


I've been wondering the same thing. Are you using a recruiter? I reached out to my recruiter to have her reach out on my behalf when she felt it would be appropriate.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325753
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Timeline for big law laterals? Interviews, applications, offers, etc

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How soon is too soon to reach out to check in after a final interview? Things moved VERY quickly up to this interview and it felt like it went really well. The interview was oddly casual.


I've been wondering the same thing. Are you using a recruiter? I reached out to my recruiter to have her reach out on my behalf when she felt it would be appropriate.


No, I am not using a recruiter.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325753
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Timeline for big law laterals? Interviews, applications, offers, etc

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:05 pm

How do you stay focused/motivated to do work at your current job when waiting on a lateral offer?

I can't seem to focus, but at the same time, I need to make sure I'm still working hard in case this offer doesn't pan out.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325753
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Timeline for big law laterals? Interviews, applications, offers, etc

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How do you stay focused/motivated to do work at your current job when waiting on a lateral offer?

I can't seem to focus, but at the same time, I need to make sure I'm still working hard in case this offer doesn't pan out.


Ha funny you should ask. I absolutely cannot focus. I read a paragraph, then check my email, then read another paragraph, check my phone...

Anonymous User
Posts: 325753
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Timeline for big law laterals? Interviews, applications, offers, etc

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How do you stay focused/motivated to do work at your current job when waiting on a lateral offer?

I can't seem to focus, but at the same time, I need to make sure I'm still working hard in case this offer doesn't pan out.


Ha funny you should ask. I absolutely cannot focus. I read a paragraph, then check my email, then read another paragraph, check my phone...


Glad I'm not the only one. I'm checking email like 10+x per hour it seems like haha.



Return to “Legal Employment�

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.