USAO offers and timing Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

USAO offers and timing

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:57 pm

Recently interviewed with the USAO in a major market that takes rolling applications. How long after final interviews do offers typically go out?

Basically, how long after the final interview should I reasonably hold out hope of an offer?

Anonymous User

Re: USAO offers and timing

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:12 pm

I received the offer about two hours after the interview. USA called me. On another note, how long after accepting offer before I have to fill out paperwork and get the process going? Timeline ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I received the offer about two hours after the interview. USA called me. On another note, how long after accepting offer before I have to fill out paperwork and get the process going? Timeline ?
Any chance your offer was from EDVA/DDC/EDPA?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I received the offer about two hours after the interview. USA called me. On another note, how long after accepting offer before I have to fill out paperwork and get the process going? Timeline ?
They usually get it to you pretty quickly b/c the sooner you get the paperwork, the sooner they get you there working. I think I got the initial e-mail about the paperwork 2 days after I accepted my offer. I got 30 days to fill it out. They got back in touch with me almost 6 months later about my EOD date. (That said, I got hired through the Honors program, so they knew I wasn't starting till almost a year later, so there was less of a rush to get me on board.)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
They usually get it to you pretty quickly b/c the sooner you get the paperwork, the sooner they get you there working. I think I got the initial e-mail about the paperwork 2 days after I accepted my offer. I got 30 days to fill it out. They got back in touch with me almost 6 months later about my EOD date. (That said, I got hired through the Honors program, so they knew I wasn't starting till almost a year later, so there was less of a rush to get me on board.)
I’m not Honors. I accepted over a week ago

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:08 pm

Following. I have a first and second round interviews coming up soon.

Drma

New

Post by Drma » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Shoot me a DM

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Nope. Not anywhere near those districts. Anyone know how long it takes for HR to start processing us after we verbally accept the offer? Going on two weeks here

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Nope. Not anywhere near those districts. Anyone know how long it takes for HR to start processing us after we verbally accept the offer? Going on two weeks here
Thanks for the response. :) And congrats on the offer!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
In New England by any chance?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”