Equal Justice Works 2018 Conference and Career Fair Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Equal Justice Works 2018 Conference and Career Fair

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:01 pm

Hi all,

I didn't see a thread for this year's conference, so I figured I'd start one. 3L here. I'm attending the conference and submitted applications for permanent employment with several organizations. I know we hear back on Friday at some point, but looking at previous threads, it seems like some folks heard early. Has anyone heard any news about interviews for permanent employment? For people who've applied in recent year, how competitive has it been to secure interviews and callbacks? What are these quick interviews like?

Thanks in advance for your help.

paisa_sandia

New

Re: Equal Justice Works 2018 Conference and Career Fair

Post by paisa_sandia » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:27 pm

Already got a couple dings back, but I haven't heard from the vast majority yet.

The Abyss

Gold

Post by The Abyss » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:04 pm

I've heard back from 4 employers, all acceptances for interviews. Haven't heard back from a majority of employers, though.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:03 pm

The Abyss wrote:I've heard back from 4 employers, all acceptances for interviews. Haven't heard back from a majority of employers, though.
Would you mind sharing which employers you've heard back from?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:43 am

I still haven't heard back from the majority, is this normal? Do you think it's because they pushed the deadline. I hope I hear back from the majority, even if it means getting rejections

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

The Abyss

Gold

Post by The Abyss » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
The Abyss wrote:I've heard back from 4 employers, all acceptances for interviews. Haven't heard back from a majority of employers, though.
Would you mind sharing which employers you've heard back from?
They were all PD offices
Anonymous User wrote:I still haven't heard back from the majority, is this normal? Do you think it's because they pushed the deadline. I hope I hear back from the majority, even if it means getting rejections
From the website:
You will be emailed by October 3rd whether or not you received an interview unless otherwise notified.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:12 pm

Majority of the PD offices haven't gotten back to you then?

The Abyss

Gold

Post by The Abyss » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Majority of the PD offices haven't gotten back to you then?
Yes. I'm still waiting to hear back from 14 PD offices.

crownjd

New

Post by crownjd » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:09 pm

I hate how I get a text with an acceptance (or denial) and then 2 days later, I get the email with who it was for. I need more info in the text!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

crownjd

New

Post by crownjd » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:10 pm

I'm at 5. I've gotten an acceptance from one of my top choices (which was a REACH), so I am cautiously optimistic for the rest.

calripken

New

Post by calripken » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:18 pm

crownjd wrote:

I'm at 5. I've gotten an acceptance from one of my top choices (which was a REACH), so I am cautiously optimistic for the rest.
Hi! Would you be willing to share which offices you've heard from? If not, would you be willing to give us descriptions of the employers (e.g., PD offices, large employers, big market)? I applied to only a few PD offices - all of them in major markets. I want to know if I should brace myself for a lot of rejections or if folks are hearing from offices I didn't apply to. Thank you!

paisa_sandia

New

Post by paisa_sandia » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:46 pm

If I understand it correctly, all organizations send out their selections at once. So, once somebody has heard back about an acceptance, that means everybody who wasn’t accepted hears back too. Thus, if you still haven’t heard back, it means they haven’t notified anyone yet. But again, that’s just my understanding.

paisa_sandia

New

Post by paisa_sandia » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:50 pm

Also, can anyone clarify that we’re suppose to hear back by midnight tonight? Am I understanding that correctly?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

The Abyss

Gold

Post by The Abyss » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:04 pm

paisa_sandia wrote:Also, can anyone clarify that we’re suppose to hear back by midnight tonight? Am I understanding that correctly?
An email I received today stated "on October 3" so probably not by midnight tonight.

crownjd

New

Post by crownjd » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:04 am

calripken wrote:
crownjd wrote:

Hi! Would you be willing to share which offices you've heard from? If not, would you be willing to give us descriptions of the employers (e.g., PD offices, large employers, big market)? I applied to only a few PD offices - all of them in major markets. I want to know if I should brace myself for a lot of rejections or if folks are hearing from offices I didn't apply to. Thank you!
I'm most likely hearing from offices you didn't apply to. I cast a super wide net. I applied to Baltimore, which I heard back from last night. :D I still haven't heard back from the larger places. Miami, New Jersey, San Diego, Colorado, and Harlem are the "major" places I'm waiting on.

crownjd

New

Post by crownjd » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:02 am

Even though I get text messages when I get a response to my interview request, why am I still compulsively checking the site?!!!?!!?!

The Abyss

Gold

Post by The Abyss » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:58 am

crownjd wrote:Even though I get text messages when I get a response to my interview request, why am I still compulsively checking the site?!!!?!!?!
I am incapable of getting any school work done right now. Just refreshing my email and checking my phone.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

calripken

New

Post by calripken » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:40 pm

The Abyss wrote:
crownjd wrote:Even though I get text messages when I get a response to my interview request, why am I still compulsively checking the site?!!!?!!?!
I am incapable of getting any school work done right now. Just refreshing my email and checking my phone.
I've heard from 2 offices, but still waiting on 8.

The Abyss

Gold

Post by The Abyss » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:51 pm

Still waiting on Bronx, Brooklyn, Miami-Dade, Hennepin, and Mecklenburg. Guessing we aren't getting responses from them tonight.

paisa_sandia

New

Post by paisa_sandia » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:55 pm

All of the Conference material says tonight at midnight is the deadline, so I don’t know how the rest of the employers couldn’t get their responses in tonight. Maybe they’re gonna pop them all out at once right before midnight.

The Abyss

Gold

Post by The Abyss » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:57 pm

paisa_sandia wrote:All of the Conference material says tonight at midnight is the deadline, so I don’t know how the rest of the employers couldn’t get their responses in tonight. Maybe they’re gonna pop them all out at once right before midnight.
Looking at last year's thread it seems like a few offices didn't get back to folks until after the deadline. But hopefully we hear back tonight.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

calripken

New

Post by calripken » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:15 pm

The Abyss wrote:Still waiting on Bronx, Brooklyn, Miami-Dade, Hennepin, and Mecklenburg. Guessing we aren't getting responses from them tonight.
I got a ding from Brooklyn already. Hopefully you'll fare better.

I'm still waiting on Bronx, Legal Aid, FD San Diego, FD N. Texas CHU.

crownjd

New

Post by crownjd » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:40 pm

The Abyss wrote:Still waiting on Bronx, Brooklyn, Miami-Dade, Hennepin, and Mecklenburg. Guessing we aren't getting responses from them tonight.
Good luck with Mecklenburg. That’s where I did my 2L summer and it was hands down the best decision I’ve made during law school.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:15 pm

Nothing from Bronx here

crownjd

New

Post by crownjd » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:34 am

Got my interviews scheduled. Heard back from all but three. And one of the three is my absolute top choice. I'm definitely freaking out a little bit because A. I'm actually interviewing for a real job and 2. Why haven't these places made decisions yet??!?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”