Florida big law take home salary Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Florida big law take home salary

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:02 am

Just wondering if anyone could provide some insight as to their take home salary as a midlevel in Fl. I understand that salaries are pretty compressed at higher levels so I would like to understand how much money I would be leaving on the table considering COL adjustments. Pretty sure I could work this out but thought real examples would be better/easiest. Thanks.

Anonymous User

Re: Florida big law take home salary

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:55 am

Compared this with my friend (after recent raises). Per paycheck, he takes home $1000 more than me (his base is $280k, mine is $185k). So, for the year, he takes home around $24k more before bonus.

If he makes market bonus, he probably takes home $30-40k more than me.

So, essentially, the a majority of the difference covers the higher cost of rent (my 1 bedroom in Miami is $2100, his is $3900 in midtown). Both have similar amenities.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:Compared this with my friend (after recent raises). Per paycheck, he takes home $1000 more than me (his base is $280k, mine is $185k). So, for the year, he takes home around $24k more before bonus.

So, essentially, the a majority of the difference covers the higher cost of rent (my 1 bedroom in Miami is $2100, his is $3900 in midtown). Both have similar amenities.
Different anon. 30-40k more on just the bonus or all-in? If all-in, that's implies a higher bonus in Miami than I would have imagined.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:22 pm

OP - It seems almost a wash except you would be able to buy property in Miami instead of renting. Seems to me the difference isn't that big.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Compared this with my friend (after recent raises). Per paycheck, he takes home $1000 more than me (his base is $280k, mine is $185k). So, for the year, he takes home around $24k more before bonus.

Different anon. 30-40k more on just the bonus or all-in? If all-in, that's implies a higher bonus in Miami than I would have imagined.
Quoted anon. All-in difference. Miami firm bonuses probably range from 10k-50k. Low, but not terribly low.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Quoted anon. All-in difference. Miami firm bonuses probably range from 10k-50k. Low, but not terribly low.
Thanks for sharing. Though I've heard it's below 10k the first year or two hence the logic to get trained at a market-paying satellite.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks for sharing. Though I've heard it's below 10k the first year or two hence the logic to get trained at a market-paying satellite.
Differs from firm to firm. I know a couple people who were at market as second years. It’s more of a meritocracy when it comes to bonuses down here.

If you’re one of the lucky few who gets an MWE, White & Case, Weil, etc. offer in Miami, that’s definitely the better option as a junior though.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:34 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Differs from firm to firm. I know a couple people who were at market as second years. It’s more of a meritocracy when it comes to bonuses down here.

If you’re one of the lucky few who gets an MWE, White & Case, Weil, etc. offer in Miami, that’s definitely the better option as a junior though.
Is DLA Miami a good option?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”