1st of 3 interviews w/ a DA office - what to expect? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
nasra234

New

1st of 3 interviews w/ a DA office - what to expect?

Post by nasra234 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:37 pm

The message title pretty much sums up what my question is about. I have an interview with a DA office later this week, and they do 3 or 4 rounds of interviews before making an offer. My guess is that there won't be any hypotheticals on this 1st interview, but going off of the experiences some of you all may have had, have you any idea what I should expect or how I should prepare for this interview?

DAhopeful2019

New

Re: 1st of 3 interviews w/ a DA office - what to expect?

Post by DAhopeful2019 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:14 pm

I've honestly gotten some hypos in first round interviews. They're just going to ask you the typical questions-- why do you wanna be a prosecutor? Why this office?

Anonymous User

Re: 1st of 3 interviews w/ a DA office - what to expect?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:09 pm

Why prosecutor
Why not public defender
Why not AUSA
Why this community/ties
Brady hypotheticals
What do you think would be the hardest part of being a prosecutor
Long-term goals as a prosecutor (e.g., subject matter)
(If your background seems fancy) Ability to relate to and communicate with Joe and Jane Juror
(If your background seems biglaw) Will you miss [resources; smaller volume of cases; fancy office; salary; reasoned and well-researched brief-writing; etc.]
(If your background seems civil) Why the switch to criminal; how do you know it's the right fit; why didn't you do this in law school and/or earlier

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”