Honors Programs 2018-2019 (Non-DOJ) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
orab

New

Re: Honors Programs 2018-2019 (Non-DOJ)

Post by orab » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:29 pm

So I would assume that they dont give under consideration emails after Thanksgiving.

Its just weird. My interviewers told me for sure I would hear something by December

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from the NLRB?
Yes, interviews have at least started for the Gen. Counsel side.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:26 pm

Any update on FDIC or know when offers will be made?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:09 pm

Any word from NOAA?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:02 pm

Anything from DHS?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:17 pm

FYI- Received a phone call from HUD regional office on Nov 9th to interview at my local field office. Interviewed on Nov 16th and they called at least 2/3 references the next week.

Now, we wait.

Anyone know when/ how (via phone/email) HUD will make decisions?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:FYI- Received a phone call from HUD regional office on Nov 9th to interview at my local field office. Interviewed on Nov 16th and they called at least 2/3 references the next week.

Now, we wait.

Wondering the same about the timeline/form of decisions. How do you know they called your references? Did you talk to your references about it or did HUD tell you they did?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:46 pm

Anyone heard from Interior?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:02 pm

Do you think sending out offers was affected by the feds being closed today?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:FYI- Received a phone call from HUD regional office on Nov 9th to interview at my local field office. Interviewed on Nov 16th and they called at least 2/3 references the next week.

Now, we wait.

Wondering the same about the timeline/form of decisions. How do you know they called your references? Did you talk to your references about it or did HUD tell you they did?

Any reason you keep responding to your own posts anon

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:Do you think sending out offers was affected by the feds being closed today?
Yeah I'm pretty sure the government was shut down on Wednesday. I have a friends who got the day off. Can't imagine anyone making hiring decisions if they were working at all.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Now, we wait.

What? Those are two different users. The second of which was me.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Now, we wait.

Both posts are in your post history, anon. Same user. But sure.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Now, we wait.

Lmao. Are you purposely trying to derail the thread or are you actually clueless about how anonymous posting works?

Jncz

New

Post by Jncz » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Now, we wait.

Lmao. Are you purposely trying to derail the thread or are you actually clueless about how anonymous posting works?
I’m the first original anon with the FYI post... idk what happened here, but I assure you there were 2 different people lol. Two of my references let me know that HUD had called.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:28 pm

Jncz wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Now, we wait.

I’m the first original anon with the FYI post... idk what happened here, but I assure you there were 2 different people lol. Two of my references let me know that HUD had called.
Thanks for responding! Yeah, that person was just loud and wrong. I haven't spoken to my references post-interview, so I'm not sure if they've been contacted. Good to know though. Based on past threads, I suspect HUD will start offering around Christmas.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:25 pm

Anyone know if DHS has sent out all offers?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:51 pm

When are rejection letters sent out for DOL? I havent even gotten the consoderation letter so I doubt Im in the running anymore, but would like to get a confirmation so I could put it behind me.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:14 pm

Any updates from HUD? Any idea how many people were interviewed this season or how many people's references are being called?

Rv30

New

Post by Rv30 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any updates from HUD? Any idea how many people were interviewed this season or how many people's references are being called?
I interviewed November 19th. I was told in the interview after Christmas if on track or early January if behind. I hope this helps. :/

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:45 am

Hey, HUD already started its final selection process and we should all hear back soon. I got a call two days ago from the Atlanta headquarters and they asked me to confirm my interest in the program, my placement preference and my contact info. The person said I would be hearing back within the next two weeks by phone call or mail. I'm not sure if this call is part of the standard process. Also, they didn't extend an offer during the call, so I'm thinking they are still deliberating. Does anyone know if someone else had a similar experience?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey, HUD already started its final selection process and we should all hear back soon. I got a call two days ago from the Atlanta headquarters and they asked me to confirm my interest in the program, my placement preference and my contact info. The person said I would be hearing back within the next two weeks by phone call or mail. I'm not sure if this call is part of the standard process. Also, they didn't extend an offer during the call, so I'm thinking they are still deliberating. Does anyone know if someone else had a similar experience?
I received a call from HQ this week asking to confirm my interest in the program. I wonder if this means we are finalists?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:47 pm

I also received one of those calls for a regional office.

lmorejon

New

Post by lmorejon » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:37 pm

I have friends who applied when I did and did not receive a call this week, which leads me to think we might be. But again, if we didn't get the offer, they could very well be just going through formalities.

I received a call from HQ this week asking to confirm my interest in the program. I wonder if this means we are finalists?[/quote]

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:32 pm

lmorejon wrote:I have friends who applied when I did and did not receive a call this week, which leads me to think we might be. But again, if we didn't get the offer, they could very well be just going through formalities.

I received a call from HQ this week asking to confirm my interest in the program. I wonder if this means we are finalists?
[/quote]

Did they have interviews or have their references checked?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”