BSF vs. PW (lit) NYC Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: BSF vs. PW (lit) NYC

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:If I slightly prefer NY, would it be a mistake to choose BSF NY over W&C and Gibson DC?
BSF NY is the clear choice over Gibson. W&C vs. Boies (NY) comes down to fit.
Agreed
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:If I slightly prefer NY, would it be a mistake to choose BSF NY over W&C and Gibson DC?
Yes for W&C. Gibson possibly; depends on what sort of work you can realistically expect to do there.
“Mistake” is a strong word. W&C is the more prestigious firm, but other variables matter too. If location is important (or having multiple offices, higher mid level compensation, a wider variety of litigation practices, or any other number of things Boies offers), it can justify the less objectively prestigious choice, and going to either could be reasonable
Even assuming that’s true, remember OP is just looking at summer positions. I do think law students generally overvalue prestige, but I think having W&C on your resume as a summer really does open more doors, at least in the clerkship/elite fed world.

You’re right about mid-level compensation I think, and I guess if that matters at this stage, it’d be a point for Boise. But if that matters to OP already, there’s a good chance partnership odds do too, and from everything I’ve heard, firms like W&C and Covington DC offer an appreciable edge there. Just my 2¢.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:34 pm

Before deciding, google:

1. Boies ethics
2. Boies scumbag
3. Boies rape
4. Boies Theranos
5. Boies Weinstein

Read all the articles. That's all.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Before deciding, google:

1. Boies ethics
2. Boies scumbag
3. Boies rape
4. Boies Theranos
5. Boies Weinstein

OP here, i'm aware of all of the allegations listed above but i'm not really sure what to make of all the moralizing. One of the reasons i'm attracted to working at BSF (and correct me if I'm wrong) is that companies and individuals retain the firm when their back is against the wall and they need a certain kind of expertise that only a few firms are known for. This is Biglaw after all. I'm not sure if there are comparable firms that have clients that haven't done anything shady or have used questionable tactics in furtherance of their interests. My primary goal is to go somewhere that has a strong litigation practice and where I will learn the most in about 3-4 years. That is why BSF is at the top of my list, my other options are V5-V10 firms where the lit practices are strongly liked to the financial services industry.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

1. Boies ethics
2. Boies scumbag
3. Boies rape
4. Boies Theranos
5. Boies Weinstein

Jesus it’s you again. You got no-offered. We get it.

Fwiw I’ve seen wayyyyy worse anon abuse not called out. And it doesn’t really seem like abuse to say what may well be true in this case: the “abused” anon was no-offered at Boies and now suffers through life as a middling biglaw associate.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NDOMUKONGGGG

New

Post by NDOMUKONGGGG » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

1. Boies ethics
2. Boies scumbag
3. Boies rape
4. Boies Theranos
5. Boies Weinstein

Fwiw I’ve seen wayyyyy worse anon abuse not called out. And it doesn’t really seem like abuse to say what may well be true in this case: the “abused” anon was no-offered at Boies and now suffers through life as a middling biglaw associate.
Accidental anon
Last edited by NDOMUKONGGGG on Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

1. Boies ethics
2. Boies scumbag
3. Boies rape
4. Boies Theranos
5. Boies Weinstein

Lol yeah this is the anon abuse, not the guy saying “google these words”

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”