Thank you email after interview with 8 people? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Thank you email after interview with 8 people?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:08 pm

I interviewed yesterday afternoon with a government agency. Two panels of four people each. I generally try to send thank you emails after an interview, but obviously I can't personalize 8 different notes from two relatively short panel interviews, and I would have felt awkward copy/pasting the same thing to 8 people especially since they would likely share it with each other. So I decided not to send anything, and now I'm second-guessing that. I know the general rule is for government (especially smaller offices such as this) we should send a thank you note, so was this a mistake?

I also worry that I came across as awkward/nervous during the interviews. The large panels and tough questions wasn't something I was used to, so I gave good answers but probably didn't give off the best vibes. And I've heard a nice thank you note can sometimes make up for that so again now I'm second-guessing not sending it. The interview was Friday afternoon so sending one on Saturday wouldn't be too late right? Should I send it?

Anonymous User

Re: Thank you email after interview with 8 people?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:15 pm

I work in a relatively small government field office and sit on the hiring panel. We won’t ding someone for no thank-you note, but we like seeing them. If you want to send a thank-you, send it to the selecting official (assuming you interviewed with them) and say something nice about the other attorneys in the office. I agree, 8 emails is too much and copy and paste isn’t great.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:16 pm

It’s definitely not late. It hasn’t even been one business day since the interview.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:31 pm

Thanks, I'll go ahead and send them later today. I think I'll send an email to one attorney on each panel.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”