Dechert Philly Litigation Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Dechert Philly Litigation

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:32 am

I’m a mid level associate thinking of laterling to
Philly. I’m just wondering if anyone out there has any experience with Dechert Philly and it’s Lit team? I don’t see a lot of positive things being said in the searches I run. Does anyone have any insight on the firm? Are the horror stories mostly corporate related?

Anonymous User

Re: Dechert Philly Litigation

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:44 pm

Bump. I know someone on this site has to have some insight.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:11 am

Anyone??

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:59 am

I’ve never heard any of my Philly buds trash them, other than it's been said that they don’t pay market.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I’ve never heard any of my Philly buds trash them, other than it's been said that they don’t pay market.
Anyone else happen to have some thoughts. I know that this board is NYC focused. But I have to think that some ppl practice in Philly. I’m really begging for some insight. Thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cs244

New

Post by cs244 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:23 am

I know them well. They have a sophisticated practice and do a lot of work in niche financial services at least on the transactional/advisory side. They have a strong international presence in key financial markets. They do some interesting 1A litigation, and pro-bono work. The firm places a large emphasis on attorney training and experience even if it means pro-bono/unpaid work so they can bill out at hours worked at even higher levels.

As to market pay, I don't know if they matched recent rounds, but they were paying market before. I will say that they have no problem showing you the door if you aren't profitable and an excellent lawyer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:29 am

cs244 wrote:I know them well. They have a sophisticated practice and do a lot of work in niche financial services at least on the transactional/advisory side. They have a strong international presence in key financial markets. They do some interesting 1A litigation, and pro-bono work. The firm places a large emphasis on attorney training and experience even if it means pro-bono/unpaid work so they can bill out at hours worked at even higher levels.

As to market pay, I don't know if they matched recent rounds, but they were paying market before. I will say that they have no problem showing you the door if you aren't profitable and an excellent lawyer.
Thanks! Do you happen to know how much their litigators are working? I'm coming from a similar, but maybe less prestigious firm (HQ biglaw firm in secondary market). I felt pretty comfortable around 2100 to 2200. I'm not sure if the expectation is going to be 2300-2400 to stay employed. I'm hoping that's not the case.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:55 pm

Dechert associate here. Not in Philadelphia nor litigation so can’t offer super useful insight. I will say that it seems like our trial and white-collar practices are very strong. Our registered funds practice is Band 1 so I’d like to think our securities litigation is strong as well.

Dechert has paid market in all US offices for 2+ years now; scale is lockstep. First-years in Philadephia must be enjoying that $190k.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”