McDermott DC vs Latham DC for healthcare Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

McDermott or Latham?

McDermott
42%
Latham
58%

Total votes: 12

Anonymous User

McDermott DC vs Latham DC for healthcare

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:05 pm

Offers from both. Pay is the same, and I liked them both. Latham is obviously the more prestigious firm in the area, but McDermott has a strong healthcare practice and possibly better long-term options for people who want to stay at the firm. I also liked McDermott a bit more, as it seemed like a more collegial place with a smaller summer class.

Anonymous User

Re: McDermott DC vs Latham DC for healthcare

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:17 pm

I am so jealous of you, I interviewed (screeners) with both, dinged by both. Also looking to do healthcare. My preference was McDermott. Best of luck to you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:I am so jealous of you, I interviewed (screeners) with both, dinged by both. Also looking to do healthcare. My preference was McDermott. Best of luck to you.
OP here. Sorry to hear that, but I'm kind of leaning McDermott too. But it feels dumb to turn down a (now) V5 for McDermott...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:54 pm

Depends how confident you are that you want to do healthcare long term.

If you know what you want, then go with the higher rated practice group (which looks to be MWE here). If you think there's a real chance that you'll end up wanting to seg somewhere else, going to Latham would give you more options.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”