District Attorney's Office 2019 Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
anon8259

New

Re: District Attorney's Office 2019

Post by anon8259 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:12 am

Anyone have an idea about the final interview in the Bronx? Time, type of questions, etc.?

DAhopeful2019

New

Post by DAhopeful2019 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:26 pm

anon8259 wrote:Anyone have an idea about the final interview in the Bronx? Time, type of questions, etc.?
I've heard it's really short.From my understanding it's usually screen type questions

anon8259

New

Post by anon8259 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:28 pm

DAhopeful2019 wrote:
anon8259 wrote:Anyone have an idea about the final interview in the Bronx? Time, type of questions, etc.?
I've heard it's really short.From my understanding it's usually screen type questions
Good info to know! Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:29 am

lmj1374 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is it correct to assume that a offer is on the way when, after doing multiple interviews, your references are called and a background check is begun?

Also, has no one heard from Philly or Miami-Dade?
I know of a number of philly offers that are out in the world.
Are you sure that’s for the 2019 class? They just announced a ton of brand-new hires for immediate start. They also announced a recruiting tour last week. My sense is that their process is barely starting up... I hope.
Yes, I'm sure it's for the 2019 class. I am friends with several of the 3Ls who have received these offers.

anon3971

New

Post by anon3971 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:00 am

Anyone heard of any third round interviews (with an executive) at Brooklyn out in the world?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MartyFunkhouse

New

Post by MartyFunkhouse » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:21 pm

Suppose you have offers from the Bronx and Brooklyn, which would you accept if you aspire to one day go Federal (anywhere in the US)? Also, is it worth pushing back final round interviews in each office for a third round with Manhattan?

DAhopeful2019

New

Post by DAhopeful2019 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:34 am

anon3971 wrote:Anyone heard of any third round interviews (with an executive) at Brooklyn out in the world?
I know people with third rounds but they're former interns.

DAhopeful2019

New

Post by DAhopeful2019 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:35 am

MartyFunkhouse wrote:Suppose you have offers from the Bronx and Brooklyn, which would you accept if you aspire to one day go Federal (anywhere in the US)? Also, is it worth pushing back final round interviews in each office for a third round with Manhattan?
Have you already had a panel with Manhattan, and if so, were you a former intern there or no?

In terms of your first question, I think Bronx and Brooklyn are pretty even in regards to federal. Manhattan sends more people federal as far as I know.

MartyFunkhouse

New

Post by MartyFunkhouse » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:42 am

DAhopeful2019 wrote:
MartyFunkhouse wrote:Suppose you have offers from the Bronx and Brooklyn, which would you accept if you aspire to one day go Federal (anywhere in the US)? Also, is it worth pushing back final round interviews in each office for a third round with Manhattan?
Have you already had a panel with Manhattan, and if so, were you a former intern there or no?

In terms of your first question, I think Bronx and Brooklyn are pretty even in regards to federal. Manhattan sends more people federal as far as I know.
Yes and yes. Part of me thinks it's not worth it because it seems that Manhattan only offers the prestige on paper and solid training. But in terms of substantive experience, the lack of crime in Manhattan seems to be a real limiting factor for personal growth and taking on more serious cases.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:19 pm

Anyone hear of any offers going out for Suffolk NY? I know they were making decision soon.

lmj1374

New

Post by lmj1374 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear of any offers going out for Suffolk NY? I know they were making decision soon.
I withdrew before my final interview there but was told they are making final decisions next week.

DAhopeful2019

New

Post by DAhopeful2019 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:59 pm

MartyFunkhouse wrote:
DAhopeful2019 wrote:

Yes and yes. Part of me thinks it's not worth it because it seems that Manhattan only offers the prestige on paper and solid training. But in terms of substantive experience, the lack of crime in Manhattan seems to be a real limiting factor for personal growth and taking on more serious cases.
I think it depends on your end goals. If you wanna go federal, Manhattan seems to be your best bet. Although if you're not limiting yourself to SDNY/EDNY, then you might be able to do that at Bronx or Brooklyn. Also in terms of experience, I've heard that you move up much faster in the Bronx-- I know someone who is already doing felonies a year and a half in.

Stre$$ed3L

New

Post by Stre$$ed3L » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:47 am

Does anyone have any info about the hiring process at Cook County? I'm from out of state and have a Skype interview soon, but am curious how long it typically takes to get a hiring decision. TIA

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:14 pm

Where's everyone at in their process? I had a first round with Manhattan and I'd really like to hear back. Had panels with several other offices and have third round with the Bronx very soon.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:43 pm

had a third round with Manhattan

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:43 pm

I have an offer from Philly.

ModalPenalCode

New

Post by ModalPenalCode » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:00 am

Anonymous User wrote:I have an offer from Philly.
Was this a recent offer? When did you interview with them?

I'm waiting to hear back if I'll have an offer...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:07 am

I have offers from Manhattan and Brooklyn. I have a friend with an offer from Bronx, and I've heard from the hiring coordinators at other offices that Bronx is sniping this year.

My unsolicited advice: make sure to tell your preferred office how far you are in the hiring process elsewhere. If they like you, they will get you in. I had two interviews in two days at one of the offices mentioned above because my fourth round interview at another office was coming up.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have offers from Manhattan and Brooklyn. I have a friend with an offer from Bronx, and I've heard from the hiring coordinators at other offices that Bronx is sniping this year.

My unsolicited advice: make sure to tell your preferred office how far you are in the hiring process elsewhere. If they like you, they will get you in. I had two interviews in two days at one of the offices mentioned above because my fourth round interview at another office was coming up.
lol Bronx snipes every year. It's actually really annoying. I have also heard that they are giving offers on the spot to some people. Really stressful if it's not your top choice office.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:45 pm

ModalPenalCode wrote:

I think it was about a month ago. Offer came shortly after interview.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Where's everyone at in their process? I had a first round with Manhattan and I'd really like to hear back. Had panels with several other offices and have third round with the Bronx very soon.
Received and accepted an offer with DANY.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
ModalPenalCode wrote:

Did you intern there? I'm just curious because I had a screener through my school's OCI this summer and it's been radio silence ever since.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
ModalPenalCode wrote:

Did you intern there? I'm just curious because I had a screener through my school's OCI this summer and it's been radio silence ever since.
Wondering the same thing. The only thing I've heard is that they tried to call my reference today but I think that's in response to me informing them that I have another offer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:20 pm

For those who have offers at Brooklyn, how many interviews did you have? I have had my screener and panel and will be going back for the exec interview next week. Are there other interviews after that? Did you get an offer in the room?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
ModalPenalCode wrote:

Wondering the same thing. The only thing I've heard is that they tried to call my reference today but I think that's in response to me informing them that I have another offer.
Did not intern there.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”