State-level antitrust agencies Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

State-level antitrust agencies

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:53 pm

Does anyone on this board work for one? Can anyone comment on quality of work/supervision, lifestyle, trial opportunities, exit opportunities, case mix, etc.? Thanks.

Anonymous User

Re: State-level antitrust agencies

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:38 pm

bump

Anonymous User

Re: State-level antitrust agencies

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:07 pm

I interned at one of the larger state-level antitrust agencies for a summer so I have a little insight. Work really depended - even at a larger agency it's leanly staffed, so people did everything from doc review to high level analysis/strategy. The group was very collaborative and there was a big effort made to make sure everyone knew what cases were going on. There seemed to be a good balance between supervision / autonomy.

Trial opportunities were exceptionally rare. There were none while I was there and I think it rarely happens. There were a lot of settlement negotiations which were interesting to sit in on.

Lifestyle was phenomenal. Typically 9:30-5:30. People very rarely stayed past 6.

Don't have too much experience on exit opportunities. There were a large number of people who had been there for a long time and had a lot of institutional knowledge. It didn't seem like they were interested in leaving. A lot of the new hires were out of biglaw. Since I've left I saw a few have returned to biglaw. There were also a number of recent graduates who were on law school fellowships for a year. Most have gone to small/midlaw or PI.

I was only there for 8 weeks, so everything I've said should be taken with a grain of salt. That being said, it seemed like people enjoyed the job.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”