Corporate First Year - How long will this lull last? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Corporate First Year - How long will this lull last?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:47 pm

V50 corporate first year, small satellite office. Super low hours lately. Just no deals going. Billed about 60 hours all of July. Billed over 40 first week of August for one project with partners in another office, but doesn't look like that will give me more work. Right now really my only other hours are coming from pro bono.

How long will this last? Can these lulls last for months? Partners who are normally in office until 8 or 9 have been leaving at 5, so I don't think anyone is trying to avoid working with me. A more senior associate I regularly work with only billed like 70 in July she told me, but she had the advantage of working like 300 hour months the first few months when I started, and continued to be pretty busy after that, so for her this lull is welcome relief, but I need the hours/training.

Return to “Legal Employment”