NY Offers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 325863
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:40 pm

^I was the anon with the cleary offer, I interviewed with cleary mid-week last week
In response to the anon asking about PW, I interviewed with PW last week and got an offer call on the weekend

Anonymous User
Posts: 325863
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:41 pm

Any Stroock movement over the past couple weeks?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325863
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Kelley Drye? Dings or offers?

Ding, yes.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325863
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Kelley Drye? Dings or offers?

Ding, yes.

I know some folks had offers a couple weeks back

Anonymous User
Posts: 325863
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Kelley Drye? Dings or offers?

Ding, yes.

I know some folks had offers a couple weeks back


Thank you for the feedback. How fast of a turnaround was the ding from the CB? And do you know if any of the folks with offers accepted?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325863
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any Stroock movement over the past couple weeks?

So here's the unfortunate thing re. Stroock: OCS told me that they decreased class size from 12 to 8. 4 people on strong hold. I just withdrew, so likely three. Seems very unlikely that other offers will go out. Although I'm unsure when decrease happened-before or the offers went out. So lots of holds may be due to decrease happening after offers went out.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325863
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any Stroock movement over the past couple weeks?

So here's the unfortunate thing re. Stroock: OCS told me that they decreased class size from 12 to 8. 4 people on strong hold. I just withdrew, so likely three. Seems very unlikely that other offers will go out. Although I'm unsure when decrease happened-before or the offers went out. So lots of holds may be due to decrease happening after offers went out.


Thanks for the input; I had no clue that they decreased class sizes. If you don't mind me asking, could you elaborate on what you mean by "strong hold"? Does this refer solely to the hold emails that were sent out last week, or was there something else that indicated you were a strong hold?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325863
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Latham or Paul, Weiss from last week's CBs?


had both last week and heard back from both the day after

Anonymous User
Posts: 325863
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone received an offer from Proskauer recently? Looks like only reports have bene dings or "waitlist"


Also wondering. Silence since 'soft waitlist.' Definitely one of my top picks but I can't really commit to "will accept if offered" without a second look.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325863
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone received an offer from Proskauer recently? Looks like only reports have bene dings or "waitlist"


Also wondering. Silence since 'soft waitlist.' Definitely one of my top picks but I can't really commit to "will accept if offered" without a second look.


For a different firm, but how would you go about the will accept if offered? An email early in the morning to the recruiter or a phone call message? I think an email might be good because the recruiter could forward it to the hiring committee.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325863
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any Stroock movement over the past couple weeks?

So here's the unfortunate thing re. Stroock: OCS told me that they decreased class size from 12 to 8. 4 people on strong hold. I just withdrew, so likely three. Seems very unlikely that other offers will go out. Although I'm unsure when decrease happened-before or the offers went out. So lots of holds may be due to decrease happening after offers went out.


Thanks for the input; I had no clue that they decreased class sizes. If you don't mind me asking, could you elaborate on what you mean by "strong hold"? Does this refer solely to the hold emails that were sent out last week, or was there something else that indicated you were a strong hold?

Good question. I believe I got the same email u got re hold. Ocs reached out to them and they told OCS 4 offers out at my school and 4 on strong hold (now 3 bc I withdrew). Strong hold may be school specific.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325863
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any Stroock movement over the past couple weeks?

So here's the unfortunate thing re. Stroock: OCS told me that they decreased class size from 12 to 8. 4 people on strong hold. I just withdrew, so likely three. Seems very unlikely that other offers will go out. Although I'm unsure when decrease happened-before or the offers went out. So lots of holds may be due to decrease happening after offers went out.


Thanks for the input; I had no clue that they decreased class sizes. If you don't mind me asking, could you elaborate on what you mean by "strong hold"? Does this refer solely to the hold emails that were sent out last week, or was there something else that indicated you were a strong hold?

Good question. I believe I got the same email u got re hold. Ocs reached out to them and they told OCS 4 offers out at my school and 4 on strong hold (now 3 bc I withdrew). Strong hold may be school specific.


Interesting. At my school, there are a number of strong holds as well. (Assuming different school as our career services folks go by CPC)

Anonymous User
Posts: 325863
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Latham or Paul, Weiss from last week's CBs?


had both last week and heard back from both the day after


Latham CB 08/27, offer 08/29.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325863
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any Stroock movement over the past couple weeks?

So here's the unfortunate thing re. Stroock: OCS told me that they decreased class size from 12 to 8. 4 people on strong hold. I just withdrew, so likely three. Seems very unlikely that other offers will go out. Although I'm unsure when decrease happened-before or the offers went out. So lots of holds may be due to decrease happening after offers went out.


Thanks for the input; I had no clue that they decreased class sizes. If you don't mind me asking, could you elaborate on what you mean by "strong hold"? Does this refer solely to the hold emails that were sent out last week, or was there something else that indicated you were a strong hold?

Good question. I believe I got the same email u got re hold. Ocs reached out to them and they told OCS 4 offers out at my school and 4 on strong hold (now 3 bc I withdrew). Strong hold may be school specific.


Interesting. At my school, there are a number of strong holds as well. (Assuming different school as our career services folks go by CPC)


Would either of you be able to post/pm your schools? Waiting on Strook response. Thanks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325863
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any word from Sidley this week?

Bump

Anonymous User
Posts: 325863
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:39 pm

Did anyone get a White & Case offer/ding last week? And, if so, when roughly was your callback?

Feel like I haven't seen a response from them on here in forever.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325863
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:25 am

I've also been waiting on White & Case since their 8/23-8/24 interviews. I remember one lady in recruitment mentioned that they were planning on being done with the process by Labor Day but here we are...maybe they will contact us today? or maybe we are second string?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325863
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've also been waiting on White & Case since their 8/23-8/24 interviews. I remember one lady in recruitment mentioned that they were planning on being done with the process by Labor Day but here we are...maybe they will contact us today? or maybe we are second string?


Same here, but from a few days earlier that week. Someone told me we would hear back by early last week. Would really like them. Wondering if I should have followed up.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325863
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:51 pm

hang in there! my cb was much earlier in the season (early august) and it still took 2 weeks till offer (probably was on hold or some waitlist).

Anonymous User
Posts: 325863
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I've also been waiting on White & Case since their 8/23-8/24 interviews. I remember one lady in recruitment mentioned that they were planning on being done with the process by Labor Day but here we are...maybe they will contact us today? or maybe we are second string?


Same here, but from a few days earlier that week. Someone told me we would hear back by early last week. Would really like them. Wondering if I should have followed up.


Original White & Case poster here.

I sent follow up's and received nice responses to them, so I don't know if following up is the issue.

At least the general lack of response suggests we may be on hold or perhaps even that they are moving very sluggish.

Still, feel like this is slower than expected, so not really sure what to feel. Appreciate the responses though; nice to know someone shares my sentiments out there!

Anonymous User
Posts: 325863
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:hang in there! my cb was much earlier in the season (early august) and it still took 2 weeks till offer (probably was on hold or some waitlist).


which firm are you referring to?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325863
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:17 am

Bryan Cave movement anyone?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325863
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I've also been waiting on White & Case since their 8/23-8/24 interviews. I remember one lady in recruitment mentioned that they were planning on being done with the process by Labor Day but here we are...maybe they will contact us today? or maybe we are second string?


Same here, but from a few days earlier that week. Someone told me we would hear back by early last week. Would really like them. Wondering if I should have followed up.


Original White & Case poster here.

I sent follow up's and received nice responses to them, so I don't know if following up is the issue.

At least the general lack of response suggests we may be on hold or perhaps even that they are moving very sluggish.

Still, feel like this is slower than expected, so not really sure what to feel. Appreciate the responses though; nice to know someone shares my sentiments out there!


Thanks for this update! I really hope we will be contacted this week. It would be nice to be able to make a decision on a firm soon :) I guess we will hear once some of our peers accept/reject their offers...definitely sounds like we are on hold.

Anonymous User
Posts: 325863
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:07 am

Any Winston & Strawn updates? Offers/rejections last week?

Anecdotally, I've heard of a rejection last Wednesday night at my school. Any other updates?

Anonymous User
Posts: 325863
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:30 pm

Any Nixon Peabody movement?



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.