NY Offers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 327291
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone who had a callback with STB last week hear back yet?


Nobody I know who was there has heard anything. Did anyone ask their timeline? I forgot to ask at the end of the CB.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327291
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone who had a callback with STB last week hear back yet?


Nobody I know who was there has heard anything. Did anyone ask their timeline? I forgot to ask at the end of the CB.


I heard people got Dinged from CBs from last week. So I guess you are still alive.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327291
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:11 pm

Lawstudent3692 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have a CB with Goodwin yet and receive an offer?


had cb monday 8/6. recruiter told me that the hiring committee meets on fridays and I shouldn't expect an answer until at least monday 8/13



This is the best news I've heard all week you are an angel


I'm sooooo sorry. I meant to respond to the proskauer inquiry, not goodwin. But good luck

Anonymous User
Posts: 327291
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone who had a callback with STB last week hear back yet?


Nobody I know who was there has heard anything. Did anyone ask their timeline? I forgot to ask at the end of the CB.


I heard people got Dinged from CBs from last week. So I guess you are still alive.


Heard multiple instances of next day STB offers

Anonymous User
Posts: 327291
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:22 pm

Anything from PW today? I heard their hiring committee meets twice a week, and I think they met Tuesday or Wednesday..

Anonymous User
Posts: 327291
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:42 pm

Any Jones Day or Orrick news this week?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327291
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Lawstudent3692 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have a CB with Goodwin yet and receive an offer?


had cb monday 8/6. recruiter told me that the hiring committee meets on fridays and I shouldn't expect an answer until at least monday 8/13



This is the best news I've heard all week you are an angel


I'm sooooo sorry. I meant to respond to the proskauer inquiry, not goodwin. But good luck


anon poster who asked about proskauer. had my cb 8/8. had been worrying thinking it would be today if anything so appreciate your response!

Anonymous User
Posts: 327291
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:54 pm

K&S offer today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327291
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:16 pm

What time should I stop looking at my phone obsessively for a call?

Also do offers ever come out over the weekend?

Lawstudent3692

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:16 pm

Re: NY Offers

Postby Lawstudent3692 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have a CB with Goodwin yet and receive an offer?


had cb monday 8/6. recruiter told me that the hiring committee meets on fridays and I shouldn't expect an answer until at least monday 8/13


Offer about an hour ago! cb on 8/06.

Lawstudent3692

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:16 pm

Re: NY Offers

Postby Lawstudent3692 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Lawstudent3692 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Willkie?


still anxiously waiting here. My CB was on Monday, when was yours?


Same


Okay awesome. no news is good news I guess? Please let me know if you hear anything though


Just had my cb with Willkie. Hiring partner said they aren't meeting until next Tuesday, could be a couple of weeks. Not sure if/when they met last, though


You are an actual hero. THANK YOU!! When i went Monday they said they most likely wouldn't be able to get back to me this week since it's their first week. Why do you think it'll be a few weeks though, i'd think they'd send out offers/dings shortly after their meeting on Tuesday


I have no idea. They said they only meet once or twice a week and are having super interviews next week, so maybe they only do a small batch at a time? I definitely assume it will be closer to late next week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327291
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What time should I stop looking at my phone obsessively for a call?

Also do offers ever come out over the weekend?



I had one cb come at 11am, and another at 730pm. Unfortunately I think obsessively checking is just the theme of the next week or so

Anonymous User
Posts: 327291
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone who had a callback with STB last week hear back yet?


Nobody I know who was there has heard anything. Did anyone ask their timeline? I forgot to ask at the end of the CB.


I heard people got Dinged from CBs from last week. So I guess you are still alive.


I got offer from this Monday cb - so I guess there are movements

Anonymous User
Posts: 327291
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone who had a callback with STB last week hear back yet?


Nobody I know who was there has heard anything. Did anyone ask their timeline? I forgot to ask at the end of the CB.


I heard people got Dinged from CBs from last week. So I guess you are still alive.


I got offer from this Monday cb - so I guess there are movements


Sounds like offers and dings have gone out, so I guess I'm in limbo. Thanks for the info.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327291
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:38 pm

Lawstudent3692 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Lawstudent3692 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Willkie?


still anxiously waiting here. My CB was on Monday, when was yours?


Same


Okay awesome. no news is good news I guess? Please let me know if you hear anything though


Just had my cb with Willkie. Hiring partner said they aren't meeting until next Tuesday, could be a couple of weeks. Not sure if/when they met last, though


You are an actual hero. THANK YOU!! When i went Monday they said they most likely wouldn't be able to get back to me this week since it's their first week. Why do you think it'll be a few weeks though, i'd think they'd send out offers/dings shortly after their meeting on Tuesday


I have no idea. They said they only meet once or twice a week and are having super interviews next week, so maybe they only do a small batch at a time? I definitely assume it will be closer to late next week.


ohh i see, super day is definitely guna throw a wrench in our callbacks. Thanks for the insight! Hopefully we won't have to wait tooo much longer. Also anyone with a Willkie CB- did you get a lot of behavioral questions or did i just get really unlucky?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327291
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:43 pm

Lawstudent3692 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Lawstudent3692 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Okay awesome. no news is good news I guess? Please let me know if you hear anything though


Just had my cb with Willkie. Hiring partner said they aren't meeting until next Tuesday, could be a couple of weeks. Not sure if/when they met last, though


You are an actual hero. THANK YOU!! When i went Monday they said they most likely wouldn't be able to get back to me this week since it's their first week. Why do you think it'll be a few weeks though, i'd think they'd send out offers/dings shortly after their meeting on Tuesday


I have no idea. They said they only meet once or twice a week and are having super interviews next week, so maybe they only do a small batch at a time? I definitely assume it will be closer to late next week.


ohh i see, super day is definitely guna throw a wrench in our callbacks. Thanks for the insight! Hopefully we won't have to wait tooo much longer. Also anyone with a Willkie CB- did you get a lot of behavioral questions or did i just get really unlucky?


I did not have behavioral questions at Willkie.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327291
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:47 pm

Any offers/dings from Latham after CB?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327291
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:23 pm

Kirkland or debevoise?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327291
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:25 pm

A & O NY turnaround CB --> offer? Interviewed today 08/10.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327291
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Kirkland or debevoise?


Debevoise offer Wednesday (CB last Friday)

Anonymous User
Posts: 327291
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Kirkland or debevoise?


Kirkland offer two days after my Monday cb

Anonymous User
Posts: 327291
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Kirkland or debevoise?


Kirkland offer two days after my Monday cb

Anonymous User
Posts: 327291
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Still no White & Case NY?

Anonymous User
Posts: 327291
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:32 pm

Anyone who did cb yesterday at freshfields NY got an offer yet? The afternoon/evening batch

Anonymous User
Posts: 327291
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NY Offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:A & O NY turnaround CB --> offer? Interviewed today 08/10.


In my experience they do 24 hour turnarounds



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.