NY Offers Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: NY Offers

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any word on Seward & Kissel offers? I remember them saying that offers would start going out in early September, so I’m curious if people have heard
I haven’t heard anything yet either.
I know someone who had their callback the week of august 20 and received an offer the following week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:38 pm

Any more Akin movement from cb last week or the week before?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any word on Seward & Kissel offers? I remember them saying that offers would start going out in early September, so I’m curious if people have heard
I know someone who had their callback the week of august 20 and received an offer the following week.
Do you know if he/she accepted the offer? Also, do you mind sharing the person's law school? Thanks

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have a winston callback beginning of last week and hear back yet?
Also wondering this. Anyone know how often the hiring committee meets at this point in the process?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Do you know if he/she accepted the offer? Also, do you mind sharing the person's law school? Thanks
I believe the offer was accepted. GW/BC/BU/Fordham type... don't really want to get more specific than that considering it isn't me :oops:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:58 pm

CB with Proskauer on 8/15 ... still have not heard back. At this point I have accepted that its a ding but I would love the closure of an email.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:07 pm

Has anyone gotten a ding from Orrick? Or Ropes? August CB with Orrick and September (last week) CB with Ropes.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:CB with Proskauer on 8/15 ... still have not heard back. At this point I have accepted that its a ding but I would love the closure of an email.
CB same week, soft waitlist email two weeks after, received my rejection on Monday.

Whatever. Had an excellent time at my CB. Bummed to have been dragged along for a month.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:CB with Proskauer on 8/15 ... still have not heard back. At this point I have accepted that its a ding but I would love the closure of an email.
CB on the same day. I got rejected by them very soon thereafter. I'm not going to say that it's not a ding but you definitely did better than me.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:32 pm

Has anyone received an offer/heard of offers being accepted at Moses & Singer? Or Epstein Becker & Green?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone received an offer/heard of offers being accepted at Moses & Singer? Or Epstein Becker & Green?
I received a rejection from Epstein about 2 weeks ago. Heard their class if filled.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone received an offer/heard of offers being accepted at Moses & Singer? Or Epstein Becker & Green?
I received a rejection from Epstein about 2 weeks ago. Heard their class if filled.
I'm sorry to hear that! Were you applying to their healthcare or their labor & employment SA position?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:18 am

Still waiting on Hughes Hubbard - keep getting encouraging emails weekly saying that they have not come to a decision yet. Did anyone accept or deny their offer?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:Still waiting on Hughes Hubbard - keep getting encouraging emails weekly saying that they have not come to a decision yet. Did anyone accept or deny their offer?
I will very likely be accepting their offer by next Tuesday.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that! Were you applying to their healthcare or their labor & employment SA position?
Labor & Employment

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Labor & Employment

Interesting - I applied to healthcare. Maybe they treat the two departments differently, who knows :/ either way hoping to have an answer soon. Thanks for the information :)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:57 pm

Wave of Stroock dings. Early August CB, put on hold in late August.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Greenlanpern

New

Post by Greenlanpern » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:54 am

Anonymous User wrote:Wave of Stroock dings. Early August CB, put on hold in late August.
They decreased class size in NY from 12 to 8, so this was expected. I believe the decrease happened after they scheduled interviews, but can't confirm this.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:59 am

Greenlanpern wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Wave of Stroock dings. Early August CB, put on hold in late August.
They decreased class size in NY from 12 to 8, so this was expected. I believe the decrease happened after they scheduled interviews, but can't confirm this.
Yeah, I was told 12 at the screener, then told decreased to 8 at the callback

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:48 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Greenlanpern wrote:
Yeah, I was told 12 at the screener, then told decreased to 8 at the callback
Same on both fronts. Wave of rejections yesterday and had heard of the same decrease at my callback. Wonder if it had something to do with the unexpected salary increase.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:34 pm

Any updates on Kelley Drye? Dings or Offers?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:01 pm

Any morgan lewis offers from cbs this week?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any updates on Kelley Drye? Dings or Offers?
Ding awhile back

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:40 pm

Failed to get a job through OCI. Even with about 8 callbacks couldn't get an offer. Really at a loss for what to do now. I want to go in to transactional work. FWIW, even though it clearly didn't make the difference for OCIs, top 15% of class on Law Review and moot court.

Really at a loss right now, feeling like the work I put in was all for nought last year, so really any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Failed to get a job through OCI. Even with about 8 callbacks couldn't get an offer. Really at a loss for what to do now. I want to go in to transactional work. FWIW, even though it clearly didn't make the difference for OCIs, top 15% of class on Law Review and moot court.

Really at a loss right now, feeling like the work I put in was all for nought last year, so really any advice would be greatly appreciated.
What is your school rank? I feel like this outcome is very likely due to interviews and not your credentials. Massmail NY immediately; I just declined an offer (v60 but pays market) and I'm sure others have been doing the same so there are still spots left. Best of luck!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”