Did you know you'd fail the bar? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Did you know you'd fail the bar?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:06 pm

Final week panic before the bar: I can't tell if I'm ready. I still get below passing or slightly below passing on my practice essays, I'm pretty much at 50% accuracy on multiple choice, sometimes higher. I feel like I can feel the rules leaking out of my ear every day. I can't remember anything about trusts and wills even though I reviewed my outline a few days ago. I'm in a UBE jurisdiction.

The fear is at an all time peak. If you failed the bar, did you **know** before you took the exam? Could you tell after the exam that you just didn't make it? Or was it a surprise?

Lawworld19

Bronze

Re: Did you know you'd fail the bar?

Post by Lawworld19 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:09 pm

Hahaha, I am curious as well. I can't tell if I am just not ready.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:54 pm

I'm def in freak out mode myself, but mainly cause I'm taking CA. You just got to grind the next few days. I feel like these next few days will be critical and when most of the material will start to click.

goldenflash19

Silver

Post by goldenflash19 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:12 am

You’re over analyzing. Plenty of people who think they fail pass and vice-versa. Devote all your energy for the next week towards learning the material, and then you can ponder endlessly for 3 months whether you passed.

totesTheGoat

Silver

Post by totesTheGoat » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:55 am

goldenflash19 wrote:You’re over analyzing. Plenty of people who think they fail pass and vice-versa. Devote all your energy for the next week towards learning the material, and then you can ponder endlessly for 3 months whether you passed.
This.

I KNEW that I failed the bar. I took the February bar after spending half of December and the first part of January packing up our house with my pregnant wife and moving us across the country. I got to 65% or 70% completion of Themis mainly by skipping anything that looked like it would take more than a few minutes to complete. All of my PT scores were marginal, at best. I was always in the "danger zone". I wrote all of one essay as practice, and there were 5 or 6 topics that I never even touched in preparation for the exam.

I was already planning for taking the July bar when the results came out that I passed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”