Is Lavender Law worth going to?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Is Lavender Law worth going to?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:49 am

Rising 2L here...I actually found LavLaw to be more helpful to check in with the firms where I'd already done a screener or CB. I didn't pick up any new screeners or CBs, but I got two CBs after I'd been waiting for ~1week after OCI, and had one CB converted to an offer where the person who called me this morning specifically said that the person I talked to at LavLaw really liked me and that tipped the scales in my favor (this was for a V10 firm).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:12 am

So if i havent gotten a call from anyone at lav law i guess i struck out here too. man this sucks

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:15 am

FWIW, I am advancing four students to callbacks in three different offices. And, one rising 3L I'm pushing to make a school year clerk to try to segue them into an associate position upon graduation. LavLaw can work.

Anonymous User wrote:So if i havent gotten a call from anyone at lav law i guess i struck out here too. man this sucks

Remember that the conference ended on Friday night and many of us flew back home Saturday or Sunday. Give it a few days before you get discouraged.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:18 pm

Bumping this up to ask, what's the best way to follow up after the conference/job fair?

I will send thank you emails to the specific people I met, but what else can/should I do to try to advance my application with firms?

Some of the people I met with are from firms that I did a screener interview with at OCI (which was just this last week, but I'm not feeling especially hopeful as a lot of people have already gotten CBs).

And some are firms that didn't come to OCI -- should I submit a formal application to these firms and mention the people I met at the job fair in the cover letter?

Or should I just wait a bit and see if the people I spoke with at the job fair send along my materials (resume and transcript) to whoever extends CB offers at their firms?

sparty99

Gold

Postby sparty99 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:21 pm

Lav law sucks unless you are Top 20 percent or you live in the city and want to meet other gay power lawyers. The after parties at the gay club or hotel rooms is where the connections are made. Including as friends.

Annie95

New

Postby Annie95 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:18 pm

Thanks, Sparky, but that really doesn't address my question at all, since I already attended.

Does anyone have any advice about my next steps?

Return to “Legal Employment?