Licensed Atty, New to Austin from WA (Sitting for Bar) - Gen Advice? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
SloppyHandwriting

New

Licensed Atty, New to Austin from WA (Sitting for Bar) - Gen Advice?

Post by SloppyHandwriting » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:20 am

Recently relocated from Seattle, WA to Austin. Since I had not practiced for 5 years prior, there is no reciprocity and I have to sit for the bar again. Balls. Prior to relocating, I practiced complex insurance coverage and civil litigation (primarily on defense) for a boutique firm. Having some trouble getting my feet wet in the Austin market (perhaps that will change post-bar?).

Also, not 100% sure I want to stick with insurance coverage work as I had before. Frankly, not sure how to switch practice gears at this point. Any tips from folks that have done the same? Meaning, insurance litigation to corporate, etc.

Finally, if anyone has any tips on the Austin market (which is just as tight, if not tighter than, Seattle).. I will send you BBQ.

Return to “Legal Employment”